Like Tree22Likes

Heathrow: place to avoid if you can

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

44% of voters put Johnson as their first choice, compared to 40% who put Livingstone. The majority (62%) did not vote. Besides his bikes, I'm not sure what Johnson has actually done for London.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    44% of voters put Johnson as their first choice, compared to 40% who put Livingstone. The majority (62%) did not vote. Besides his bikes, I'm not sure what Johnson has actually done for London.
    So when did you last live in London? Assume you've lived there under both Boris and Ken to be able to comment on the difference, or is this just classic Geoexpat quoting numbers from the net but without any actual experience to back it up? Sorry if this sounds a bit strong, it isn't meant to be that way! So many people on here spout off about things they have no real experience of be. It's interesting to know when people are basing their comments on genuine experience rather than their ability to Google (or the current Geoexpat tendency to pick a fight just for the sake of it).

So what has he done which merits the love in?

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    So when did you last live in London? Assume you've lived there under both Boris and Ken to be able to comment on the difference, or is this just classic Geoexpat quoting numbers from the net but without any actual experience to back it up? Sorry if this sounds a bit strong, it isn't meant to be that way! So many people on here spout off about things they have no real experience of be. It's interesting to know when people are basing their comments on genuine experience rather than their ability to Google (or the current Geoexpat tendency to pick a fight just for the sake of it).
    Amen to this!

I lived in London under both. I can honestly say apart from a row of pay as you go bikes appearing outside the flat, I couldn't tell the difference.

I voted for Boris as I find Ken an odious little ****, but noticing a change when he became mayor? Not yet. Perhaps if he brings back the Routemaster buses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatelvis:
    I lived in London under both. I can honestly say apart from a row of pay as you go bikes appearing outside the flat, I couldn't tell the difference.

I voted for Boris as I find Ken an odious little ****, but noticing a change when he became mayor? Not yet. Perhaps if he brings back the Routemaster buses.
    You mean this one http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17173625

Well there you go.. he's done something! Good old Boris, always liked him.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Fatelvis:
    Well there you go.. he's done something! Good old Boris, always liked him.
    Thank you . I try my best !

Dm are such idiots.
    How is this "number of bags is set to soar by around 20 per cent on the day before..." any different than any big holiday period?
    "And luckily it went off without a hitch" What does luck have to do with it? Clearly the staff are getting trained for the extra load and they are doing a bang up job.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6