Like Tree1Likes

Cancel Asia Miles ticket

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I found that sometimes Asia Miles customer service line will pick up directly without wait, and at other times, you have to be on hold forever. The MPC line doesn't seem any better...so if you have some time, I'd suggest hanging up and calling back later to see if they'll pick up right away.

Coincidentally I also posted a related blog post about expiring asia miles yesterday on my blog.

Hong Kong Travel Blog
    -chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    And you managed to cancel?
    No way, I needed to change my flight date.

You can cancel an award flight directly on the CX panel (there's a "Cancel booking" button). But in that case you are going to waste miles, better keep it as the ticket is valid 1 year if I'm not wrong.

Unfortunately, you can't change flight date online for award tickets and you can do that only by calling.

An unadvertised advantage of Gold status or above is access to cheaper tickets. I discovered this recently when trying to book flights for CNY. The only ticket class still available in economy was fully flexible. But the travel agent emailed Marco Polo and somehow came up with a lower ticket class saving me $3000.

My friend who does not have Gold, booking with the same travel agent at the same time, had to pay full price.