Like Tree16Likes

Easiest way to go from LHR to Cambridge?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would just go by National Express coach from Heathrow. It will be about 25 quid.

bryant.english likes this.

Yes - the National Express coach - already mentioned above - is by far the best option. It's actually 26 quid (and only then if you book the online special) otherwise 30.

There is one at 05:25 (fastest, takes 2:20); 6:10; 7:00; 8:10 ...... take your pick.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 18-05-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Ah, you said bus not coach, I thought you meant some airport bus.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Ah, you said bus not coach, I thought you meant some airport bus.
    Well I did tell him to google National Express so I though it was clear enough! I was on a mobile phone, so limited ability to link. Here is the link: National Express Coach

Quote Originally Posted by House:
    Airport bus seems the most direct. All other options has a tube ride in between which can be a nightmare and cost a fortune.

How is a cross section of the space shuttle supposed to help the OP?
    megatronic likes this.

Well that diagram I posted was straight from the Cambridge Uni website (.ac.uk) - thats how they advise students to get to their campus also...

drumbrake and megatronic like this.

Thanks again, all! I wound up taking the National Express bus/coach from LHR. The timing worked out perfectly after my flight was delayed by the rain on Friday night. Very easy way to do it.

Moving, thanks for the good wishes! Cambridge really is a lovely place, especially at this time of year when graduation is taking place. And I had noodles at a place that served Tsim Sha Tsui dumplings, whatever those are.

Quote Originally Posted by megatronic:
    Thanks again, all! I wound up taking the National Express bus/coach from LHR. The timing worked out perfectly after my flight was delayed by the rain on Friday night. Very easy way to do it.

Moving, thanks for the good wishes! Cambridge really is a lovely place, especially at this time of year when graduation is taking place. And I had noodles at a place that served Tsim Sha Tsui dumplings, whatever those are.
    Wistful memories. I went to Kings and then lived in the town for 3 years after graduation. Met MrMin there. Your post reminded me of many happy times so thanks
    megatronic likes this.