Like Tree2Likes

Beijing considering 3-day visa exemption

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beijing considering 3-day visa exemption

Beijing is considering allowing foreign tourists a 72-hour window to explore the capital without a visa. Would think it would lure a lot of people to fly in and out of Asia via Beijing . . .

Full article: Tourist May Get 3-day Visa-free Window in Beijing.

MovingIn07 likes this.

They have always mandates this out of a nationalistic view of sovereignty….they make US passport holders pay more for the same reason without thinking about how important it is to Chian for foreigners to live in their country and assist their multinational employers.

Personally, it would not help me at all. China needs to see though the nationalistic lens and understand that its in their interest to allow other countries other than Iran Visa free entry. Often although I have been incited to Chian to speak or for a meeting, if my visa is not current, i don't go, and I don't keep a careful watch and worry about this.

But then again, China appears on the verge of crisis, so we might see a lot of things change very fast…..

Party's over before it started . . . :-(

"Foreigners from those countries that have frequent business exchanges with Beijing would be able to enjoy the policy," he said, adding that ordinary travelers on personal trips would probably not benefit from the policy.
    Full (paywall-protected) SCMP article here.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Party's over before it started . . . :-(

Full (paywall-protected) SCMP article here.
    Just go to Google and do a search for "Beijing considers simplified visa for certain foreigners scmp".

Click on the scmp link to the article and you get round the paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    They have always mandates this out of a nationalistic view of sovereignty….they make US passport holders pay more for the same reason without thinking about how important it is to Chian for foreigners to live in their country and assist their multinational employers.

Do you know how much a visa for the US cost if you are not part of the few lucky holding a EU/Canadian passport and having visa free entrance?

China bashing full speed as always.
    rlleung likes this.

China has reciprocal diplomacy for the visas, so it'll charge the same as your country.

The US one just went up to 1100HKD when i tried to get it, but they denied me twice, keep in mind I've had multi-entry visas for the last 5 years, US citizen.

First time they won't give me 1 yr because they said my HK visa expires in less than a year, so I could only get it after I renew my HK visa.

Ok fine, after that I went back and one of my old china visas fell out due to the crappy chinese glue they use. Another one is peeling off right now. So they won't give me a visa unless I get a new passport.

I was just amused about the whole situation and figured I won't go to China and spend my money elsewhere. I'll just get a visa back in NY when I return, they're pretty lax and give you 90 days entry and don't require any HKIDs or things like that. The chinese consulate ppl in HK are miserable agents who will look for any reason to deny you and only give 30 days entry.

-chris
    http://hktravelblog.com

Last edited by Noodlesz; 31-05-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Two years ago a 7 day visa free policy was being considered. Still waiting for that.

I read some article stating that they decided not to do the 7 day visa free. So I think the 3 day is the best you can get if they decide to implement it, enough for a weekend trip.

-chris
    Hong Kong Travel Blog: Travel tips and deals for those based in Hong Kong!

Those in tourism would prefer a 7 day visa, while those in security are not even keen on the current 24 hour visa exemption. This year I don't expect any relaxation of policy.

Visa free trips to Beijing for all of Europe but Norway, because of hurt feelings. Link

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast