Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By drumbrake
  • 1 Post By packy_crusher

Tibet independant travel?

Closed Thread

Tibet independant travel?

Hello all,

I am looking at traveling independently in Tibet late next year. Any recommendations on hiring a guide or ways to travel around when in Tibet whilst not on a tour.

Thanks a lot,
    Montana

With Tibet it's best not to plan too early as things can change quickly regarding whether foreign passport holders are allowed in or not. At the moment, some nationalities, such as passport holders from UK, Austria, Korea and Norway cannot get in at all, while other passport holders need to be in groups of 5 of the same nationality, but none of the five can be over 65 years old. To get the Tibet permit, you have to go on a tour. These are much stricter regulations than usual, but even when relaxed, you still need to join a tour in order to get the permit in order to get a flight or train ticket to Lhasa.

If you want to experience Tibet without the tours and permits, then I suggest that you plan to head to parts of Yunnan or Sichuan instead.

bookblogger and dear giant like this.

The travel ban seems to happen annually now. You could be in CHina when its implemented and then you would be screwed. I think the best way to see Tibet would be from the air during an ariel small arms drop…..

dear giant likes this.

R U Han Chinese carrying Chinese passport? If not, Tibet forbidden to U. Tibet under CCP is total criminal activity, much like concentration camps run by the Nazi govt in Eastern Europe, many years ago. The Nazis did not permit anyone to view the countryside near the camps except those in power.

You dont have to be Han Chinese, it just proves that your whole post is nonsense. I doubt you have ever been or read about concentration camps run by Nazi Germany.

Last edited by Morrison; 29-06-2012 at 08:40 AM.