Like Tree1Likes

Flight to Houston

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

@huja: Yes, we know about the problems with landing in SF or LA, that's why I am looking for a connecting flight outside of the US. I guess we need to take United again :-(

If you want the nicest airline for the best price. Go for Emirates or Qatar, they have good prices to Houston but not Star Alliance and a few hours longer travel time. Otherwise, your best bet is United...

staralliance.com has a search engine which will show which carriers fly and the flight times

if you want to get star alliance gold status then look at joining aegean airlines program as it gives Gold status after 20,000miles for 3 years...

thanks for the tip with the Star Alliance search engine.

KLM via Amsterdam,make a stopover in Amsterdam and book a room at the hotel which is a stone throw away from Amsterdam airport, 5 minutes walking distance.
    If I remember correctly the flight to Houston leaves in the morning, so it is a perfect night's stopover

My friend has flown delta and united to the US a few times over the past few years. He has a catelogue of horror stories. I believe that there is only one United flight per day, the risk being that if it has problems (as it did last time my friend flew) then you lose 24 hours while they replace the plane....

Star Alliance is tough if you live in HK. Bite the bullet and move to One World or something else that is actually based in (or near) HK!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    My friend has flown delta and united to the US a few times over the past few years. He has a catelogue of horror stories. I believe that there is only one United flight per day, the risk being that if it has problems (as it did last time my friend flew) then you lose 24 hours while they replace the plane....
    You mean like this one :
    United Passengers Revolt after 3-Day Delay in China - International News - AllMediaNY Are there *any* good USA based international airlines left?

OMG that sounds like a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    OMG that sounds like a nightmare
    It is a nightmare and note the date on that article. This kind of stuff happens all the time but only makes the papers when it becomes 3 days...
    One day and 2 day delays are very common.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:

Star Alliance is tough if you live in HK. Bite the bullet and move to One World or something else that is actually based in (or near) HK!
    Star Alliance tough in HK? Rly? You have United, Thai, Singapore, ANA, Air Canada, Turkish et al to utilise, much more choice for me coming from Aus where I was forced to join Oneworld - although now I use both as neither is truly global...