Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By packy_crusher
  • 1 Post By bookblogger

What to pack for Tibet travel?

What to pack for Tibet travel?

Hi all,

I am going to Tibet for travel, but I don't know what to pack ,could you please tell me some travel tips and guide?

Thanks in advance,
    Montana

Depends on when you will be travelling. Plenty of advice on travel fora e.g. Tripadvisor.
    Here is what one poster said in the Tibet forum:

Most annual rainfall comes in the rainy season that starts from July to August. Usually it rains at night in Lhasa, Shigatse and Chamdo area.

Lhasa city annual temperature in Aug is 20.7℃/77.9 °F for the maximum; and 9.4℃/41.9 °F for the minimum.

things to pack:

 Rain Gear (light-weight trousers and jacket) if your tour is in end of July and August.

 Towel

 3-5 T-Shirts

 1 Lightweight Fleece or Wool Sweater

 2 Pair of Nylon Travel Trousers

 Sunglasses

 Sunscreen- SPF 30+ and moisturizer.

 Wide-Brimmed Hat

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarla
    Hi all,

I am going to Tibet for travel, but I don't know what to pack ,could you please tell me some travel tips and guide?

Thanks in advance,
    Montana
    I hope you are able to get a permit to travel to Tibet - assuming that you are not a home return permit holder. Do you know the latest regulations regarding Tibet permit issuance?

I would bring, a GPS, map, and survival gear. Its going to be a long hike though the mountains to get out of there once marshal law is re-introduced.

bookblogger and dear giant like this.

Don't forget to bring pictures of the Dalai Lama!

dear giant likes this.

Remember to bring a Spork.

Seriously, you need to ask this as a specific question instead of just doing something obvious like Googling something like "backpackers packing list"?