Beach Destinations for New Years

Beach Destinations for New Years

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has any tips on best beach destinations during New Years.

Any beautiful beaches to recommend?

Thanks!

thailand ...

Quote Originally Posted by HKBanker2007:
    Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has any tips on best beach destinations during New Years.

Any beautiful beaches to recommend?

Thanks!
    if you like soemwhere quite then Koh samet .. thailand - almost all the accomodation and restauants are set by the beach on a small isalnd which has one dirt track road in order to navigate gate it .. very romantic .. crystal clear waters and perfect white sand

if you like somewhere a bit more lively then koh samui .. you can fly direct from hk ..

p.s dont go to koh pagnan for new years party
    Last edited by clip_my_wings; 06-12-2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: my inherent problem of typos

You probably need to head as close to the equator as you can. The Philippines and Vietnam have great beaches, but are probably too cold to spend NYE at - best to wait until February onwards for them.
    But depends on what you really are looking for and how far you want to travel. As the CMW said, Thailand is a good bet. Maybe Bali or Malaysia somewhere? Boracay in the Philippines is awesome, but you have to take at least two flights to get there.

Phillipines and Thailand are closer to Hong Kong and much more cheaper than Bali, Malaysia also offer a good beach.
    I've been to Bali, cool place. and i m planning to go to Boracay on Chinese new year

Tai Loong Wan in sai Kung should be very nice, Take tent and a large fuel heater, you'll have the beach all to yourselves. Just think of what you could do with an empty beach. WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips guys!

I'm thinking Goa, simply because I will be traveling to visit family and for business during the end of Dec, and seems to be closest destination at that time.

If anyone has tips on Goa (unlikely but why not!) I'd really appreciate it.

-Mani

I have a fully furnished house (2 bedrooms, living room & kitchen) in Bophut, Koh Samui for rent. Let me know if anybody's keen. [email protected]