Like Tree73Likes

WARNING: Fraud on the part of Cathay

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

I gave up flying CX years ago because of this type of bullshit.

How can they even think they can get away with this bull? There must be a lot of Cathay staff that read these forums.... Do something before this gets uglier than it is.

Moving, just seen your posting on FT, suggest you post in CX board rather than in TravelBuzz, suspect you will get a bigger response.

Also, suggest you mention you are a DM.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Consumer Council! Get some publicity! SCMP!

Moving, I feel for you. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever fly with CX again - and that's coming from a non-hell-believing atheist! I've taken to flying with SQ to Australia, and I'm not alone. Alas no premium economy; have to rely on compression socks, pycnogenol and on-board exercises.
    I had a look at their website. It says in several places "negotiate with the trader first" so I'll wait and see what Cathay has to say for themselves now I sent them my complaint. If they don't come up with a reasonable solution, this is the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Moving, just seen your posting on FT, suggest you post in CX board rather than in TravelBuzz, suspect you will get a bigger response.

Also, suggest you mention you are a DM.
    Done.
    10ch

be careful when Lufthansa approaches you in the check in area.
    last time I paid 2x Euro 500 for two upgrades to biz class, special offer as economy was full....,
    and was told I get m&m mileage, of course I did not get the miles and later they said mileage was never part of the deal. However, a friend at m&m said it I had a valid biz class ticket and could have claimed my mileage, it's just that I realized it too late ( 6 months after ) that LH did not automatically credit me miles.

Are you sure there is not a miscommunication of some kind? I got downgraded from business to economy on CX on a flight to Mumbai last week and they gave me $8,000 cash. I complained because it was a business trip and said my company will get the cash. They were very accomodating and said it would be done swiftly and with no paperwork, which is was. I am quite happy to be $8000 richer for the sake of toughing it out in ecomony class for 5 hours.

Last edited by bdw; 17-09-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    ...I am quite happy to be $8000 richer for the sake of toughing it out in ecomony class for 5 hours.
    Technically, you were refunded for a product you paid for but they could not deliver, weren't you? Which is what they should have done in the case of MovingIn07.

Dear OP, did CX offer you a refund?

If they offered you a refund, would you accept and fly cattle class?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I don't have any particular numbers or addresses. If you do, please feel free to PM me. I just sent one off to the general customer service address.
    What has helped me in the past when dealing with a highly dishonest company was as advised here get some publicity. I had my letter laying out my grievances published by the SCMP.

Very quickly I was contacted by the head of Corporate Communications,and a matter that the previous day had been impossible to resolve, was miraculously solved in minutes.

The next time they tried screwing me over, and no prizes for guessing which telecoms company run by the cretinous son of a local tycoon it was, I didn't bother with arguing with customer services and went direct to Corp. Com.

Again the problem solved in seconds.

Good luck. This is absolutely disgraceful behaviour by Cathay.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast