Like Tree3Likes

Kuala Lumpur - 3 Days ----Need suggession.....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Twin towers ok... Massive shopping center with £1 bowling buts that's it. I'd say Chinatown is one of the better places but we live in HK so would be pointless.

Shorten the stay to 1 night if possible or get the cheap overnight train to Singapore for more action.

It's not that KL is that bad but it is more like any city but not as impressive.

I like Traders. Great location although a bit of a business feel. Lovely views over KLCC and Petronas Towers. I really liked KL when I went there for 3 days and wished I'd had longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_NT:
    It's not that KL is that bad but it is more like any city but not as impressive.
    It may not be impressive but then it's also a relatively small city for Asia, at least when compared to the larger ones like Tokyo or Seoul. However there is lot's to see including historical buildings and many things to do that can easily fill three days if not more.

For those that named the hotels would you mind to provide the prices? I might go to KL in the near future myself, the one I used to stay at is a bit dated now.

Best Western Premier was around 350 ringit a night including breakfast.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Melia around the same, maybe a few MYR cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Just came back from 2 1/2 days in KL via Bali. Should have spent more time in Bali.

Nearly got into a fist fight with an Indian Taxi driver. Insulted my wife and tried to take a photo of his car to send a complaint but he got agressive. Let it go.

People are not that friendly outside of 5he hotel.

Anyway is you are adament to spend some time there. Got to Batu Caves and Temple.

Go to the islamic museum. Very good.

There are a couple of Bar streets in town. Ask hotel for info or check the web.

Chinatown is ok but food is average.

Twin towers I suppose but many better towera around the world.

Besides that not much else I am afraid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Been there numerous times for work and holjday and never once had any problem.

Lovely people...fantastic food.

One (bad) experience is not enough to make a generality.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

But, if you're only there for a few days and experience a serious negative incident it's certainly worth mentioning.

Lots of people slate the Lonely Planet but I think it gives a pretty good, if often dated, overview of destinations. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/malaysia...-lumpur/sights

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Been there numerous times for work and holjday and never once had any problem.

Lovely people...fantastic food.

Ummm, it wasn't just that one bad experience. You obviously didn't read that I had some good experiences in KL.

I was looking forward to KL actually and made a point to stop over for a couple of days because people said it was worth a visit.

EVERY tourist spot I had to negotiate prices for taxis. Sometimes 4-5 times. ie a taxi from Batu Caves to Sentral is around 18-20 Ringit, constantly told 45 by 3-4 taxis.

Did I tell you this argument happened right in front of a policemen who did nothing?

Sure, had great taxis too, Chinese, Malay, Indian were good.

Food was good, like Malay food and made a point stopping at as many as I could.

Islam Museum was great to exceptional. Bird park was good too. Hotel stayed at was friendly and not a problem.

Had some good things as mentioned but all in all KL lacked spark and many people didn't seem happy. Just came from Bali and it was very friendly people, always a smile. Not in KL.