Koh Chang

Closed Thread

Talking Koh Chang

Going to Thailand for CNY and looking for an East Coast island that isn't too far from Bangkok. Koh Chang was recommended. Does anyone have a budget/lower rate place they have stayed and can recommend? Looking for something up to maybe 1000THB/300HK per night. Also, did you enjoy your stay on this island?

Any other suggestions appreciated. Hitting Chiang Mai beforehand....

I have been at Koh Chang a year ago and it was definately a good choice. Long way from Chiang Mai though and still about 4 to 6 hours from Bangkok.

At that time we arrived and booked at the spot, but it was November and not new CNY. Cannot remember what we paid, think around 800 Bath p/n for a bungalow in (if I am not mistaken) Chai-Chet resort.

It differs quite a lot whether you are on the west side or east side or south side of the island. West side is most developed, with (in my eyes) White Sand Beached really overcrowded. The beach we were at (Klong Prao Beach) was reasonable. If you like quietness than the east coast is a better choice, and for your budget I think the south coast ones are out of reach.

I been there 3 years ago, I have a great holiday and very relaxing, quiet & peaceful. As I remembered I paid around B1000 per night for accommodation but if you go there on CNY, maybe u better made a RSVP accomd. Check out following website and u can find out more details about the island. Cheers..
    Koh-Chang.com - Koh Chang(Ko Chang),Koh Mak(Ko Maak),Koh Kood(Ko Kut),Koh Laoya(Ko Laoya),Trat(Trad) Hotels and Resorts, Reservation / Booking Online Services,Trat Province,Thailand,Asia