Like Tree21Likes

Spraying Insecticides in Planes?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    and it continues? Seems as if you don't want it to, but then you end with a request for something that would inevitably keep it going ;-)
    i wasn't expecting it to continue... but it seems someone couldn't hold back on stating their opinions as truth without any facts.
    saying something is their opinion is fine, say its a guess and that is up to that person, but label something he/she says as the truth - they bloodly well better back it up with hard facts.
    Last edited by amitsingh_hk; 22-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amitsingh_hk:
    and it continues...

But to state that a specific country has every known disease out there in the world and there was no apparent reason to spray a plane coming in is baseless and blatantly ignorant.
    Your comments were not truthful in any respect. Show me your facts.
    Claire's original post has disappeared (I assume some over zealous editor has been busy after some delicate little flower has complained) but I'm pretty certain this is blatant twisting of her words. It's rather ironic to then accuse her of not being truthful while bending like Beckham yourself.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Claire's original post has disappeared (I assume some over zealous editor has been busy after some delicate little flower has complained) but I'm pretty certain this is blatant twisting of her words. It's rather ironic to then accuse her of not being truthful while bending like Beckham yourself.
    yes claire's post has been deleted as has those that agreed with her, those that liked her comments and my replies to it.
    Claire - have I twisted any of your words ?

where's the irony you state ?

i was pissed everything (including my comments but especially those that liked hers) got deleted as everybody should see her baseless opinion - even more so now that she claims its the truth without anything to back it up.

Last edited by amitsingh_hk; 22-10-2012 at 12:45 PM.

well at least Monday is half over already ;-)

Creative83 likes this.

where's the irony you state ?
    It helps to understand irony. Irony is when something is the opposite of what you expect - so being "disinfected" while moving from somewhere with pretty much zero disease to somewhere where many diseases are rampant. I think pretty much everyone else understood the irony in her post.

I can see that INdia, having a largely agricultural population, would care about importing insects that devastate crops. I can see that India also might not be aware of the other ways of controlling for insects (as noted by somebody else - I have not looked at those alternative myself). But to jump on SUCH OBVIOUS IRONY as in the post, made you look stupid. Hence the responses.

and it continues...

there are plenty of countries that are not clean nor sanitary and food hygiene is a concern in many countries. I agree India is one of them - admittedly even some Indians returning home have a few issues too.

But to state that a specific country has every known disease out there in the world and there was no apparent reason to spray a plane coming in is baseless and blatantly ignorant.
    Your comments were not truthful in any respect. Show me your facts.

I can see where you would have found her comments offensive, they were a bit insensitive. But I don't think she meant to be, and you need to understand this forum tends to be that way and don't take people's comments so seriously. I think your response to her insensitive comment was a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    It helps to understand irony. Irony is when something is the opposite of what you expect - so being "disinfected" while moving from somewhere with pretty much zero disease to somewhere where many diseases are rampant. I think pretty much everyone else understood the irony in her post.

I can see that INdia, having a largely agricultural population, would care about importing insects that devastate crops. I can see that India also might not be aware of the other ways of controlling for insects (as noted by somebody else - I have not looked at those alternative myself). But to jump on SUCH OBVIOUS IRONY as in the post, made you look stupid. Hence the responses.
    I never asked the irony in any statements to Claire. There wasn't any and therefore i didn't ask. She stated something of her own opinion as truth when it is baseless and not backed by any fact.
    I asked it to bibbju - who stated "It's rather ironic to then accuse her of not being truthful while bending like Beckham yourself. "

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I can see where you would have found her comments offensive, they were a bit insensitive. But I don't think she meant to be, and you need to understand this forum tends to be that way and don't take people's comments so seriously. I think your response to her insensitive comment was a bit over the top.
    thanks for your understanding.

this was her comment
    " what the f**k is not in that country already....

let you be the judge of whether that was it was meant or not...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5