Visas for China and Vietnam from HK?

Smile Visas for China and Vietnam from HK?

We moved to HK recently from Australia and are in the process of getting HK ID cards but these won't be ready for a while yet.

We want to go on a cruise from HK into China and Vietnam in three weeks' time. We are Australians, but there isn't time to mail our passports to the Chinese and Vietnamese consulates in Australia for visas, and get them back.

As we don't have HK ID cards, can we still use the consulates/embassies here in HK to apply? I'm told border visa applications are not common in China. Not sure about Vietnam.

Yes, no problem. The consulates and travel services get visas for non-residents all the time. China can be done same day. Vietnam may take a few days.

PRC Visa Office
    7/F, Lower Block
    China Resources Bldg
    26 Harbor Rd., Wanchai
    Tel: 3413-2424

Consulate General of Vietnam
    15/F Great Smart Tower
    230 Wan Chai Road
    Wanchai Hong Kong
    Enquiry Hotline: (852) 2591 4517

Well yes, but unless you are really tight on money I would recommend getting a travel agent to handle the bureaucracy for you. The standard place for China Visas is CTS China Travel Service (H.K.) Limited

Thanks! :-)

Quote Original Post:
    PRC Visa Office
    7/F, Lower Block
    China Resources Bldg
    26 Harbor Rd., Wanchai
    Tel: 3413-2424
    Just got back from there today, What a lovely way to spend 2 and a half hours, Not.

They close down a lot of the booths between 12-2 so do not go just before that time, Otherwise the number of booths drops from about 5/6 down to 1/2

When I left at just gone two there was a queue already piling up outside to get in, So try and time it right and arrive just before the end of the lunchtime shift or alternatively get there super early and hope to get out by 12ish.

You should have used the link that PLDM gave. Using CTS costs a few dollars more, but saves you the time in line and the time to get to and from the PRC visa office. Is it worth 2.5 hours of your time to save $20 or $50?

By the way, I used CTS for the Half Year Multiple Entry Visa and got it no problem (supposedly many people get rejected when applying for this visa for the first time).

Quote Original Post:
    You should have used the link that PLDM gave.
    Apparently (from another thread) he doesn't like listening to "the older generation". I guess such "youngsters" are then doomed to make the same mistakes as us oldies.

Quote Original Post:
    Apparently (from another thread) he doesn't like listening to "the older generation". I guess such "youngsters" are then doomed to make the same mistakes as us oldies.
    Hahaha not at all, Its the local genes in me where I'd rather queue and save a few dollars thats all.

I need to think of my profit margins at the end of the day after all, Better to be in my pocket than somebody elses!

How much for a Vietnam Visa?

So, I don't mind spending a couple of hours at the consulate one of these days... and I'm in no hurry to get the Visa.
    How much is it for a Canadian to get a double (or multi) entry, 1 month Viet. visa through the Viet. consulate?