Thanks for the tips everyone!

Came back from KL - wish I made it to Malacca had I planned it better

If anyone is thinking of going, here's my tips:

Use the GoKL free city bus as it takes you pretty much to most of the places you want to go - bus stop signage is hard to find

Taxis totally rip you off! The driver even admitted to it after I told him off. And its really blatant - refusing to turn on the meter and charging you 3x's the usual amount. His comments was tourists have money so they should pay!! Do avoid taking them if possible otherwise negotiate the fare before hopping in. (I expect to be ripped off but not the way they do it - longer story hence me telling him off)

Public transit isn't connected or efficient so don't expect it to be like the MTR

Stay in Bukit Bintang. I stayed by KLCC and there's not much around to venture out to without using a taxi.

And really stick to the hawker stalls for food - tried some of the highly rated Malay restaurants and aside from atmosphere and cleanliness, there really wasn't anything exceptional aside from the bill. Found my meal curbside in Jalan Alor to be one of the yummiest and super cheap too!

But all in all, it was good fun with tons of shopping.

So thanks everyone for the suggestions!!

P.S. I hope you all have a great holiday season.