Halong Bay cruises

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Halong Bay cruises

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Hanoi over the Easter break and was thinking of visiting Halong Bay. I would like to spend a night there on a junk boat and do some sightseeing in the nearby caves & islands.

Has anyone on this forum done this before? Can you pls recommend a good cruise service provider? I would ideally like a smaller boat with fewer people on it rather than the relatively bigger cruise ships.

There are just so many sites on the internet offering cruises in Halong Bay, I have no idea which one's any good!

Thanks!

Chlo

Halong Bay Cruises

Hi...We went to Hanoi in October and spent one night in Halong Bay and highly reccomend it...

The tour group we booked with was Handspan. Their website is:

HANDSPAN - Explore the Hidden Vietnam

We thought they were very good. We booked the Dragon's Pearl one night cruise and were very satisfied...

Halong Bay is very relaxing with great sites...

Have Fun!

we used Handspan too. They are a professional company and we enjoyed a private tour with overnight stay. It included the food, chef on board, ensuite bathroom with hot water too. I took a draft cheque in USD to pay them but they did not except which was really inconvenient. I had to rush around at the last minute looking for a bank which was open. Have a look at their website and the weather conditions first though. THey also do bigger tours which are cheaper. It was a breathtaking, exciting & amazing trip.

I went with Huong Hai Junks via Queen Travel. Good quality junks, pretty good food (mostly seafood). the transfer from Hanoi was in a fairly packed little van (pretty normal, from what I saw).

I'd suggest looking into the cruises run by the Kangaroo Cafe. Their transport is a proper bus. The photos scattered about the cafe looked good (and the whole abmiance of the cafe suggested that they don't exaggerate outrageously) and they were significantly cheaper than Huong Hai.

Costa Allegra departs from HK to Halong Bay.
    Dont' know how good it is.
    But Italian cruiseline shouldn't be too bad.

Weekend trip?

Could you do this in a wkend from Hong Kong? Im looking to do something like this, but until this thread have not found any websites...so thanks for the links!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeharp:
    Hi...We went to Hanoi in October and spent one night in Halong Bay and highly reccomend it...

The tour group we booked with was Handspan. Their website is:

HANDSPAN - Explore the Hidden Vietnam

We thought they were very good. We booked the Dragon's Pearl one night cruise and were very satisfied...

Halong Bay is very relaxing with great sites...

Have Fun!

from HK?

Ive been looking to do a trip to HaLong bay but Im finding it difficult to find anything from Hong Kong...Does anyone know if a weekend trip is possible? Also, how to get to Hanoi from HK...Icant find any information on the interweb...

A weekend trip to Hanoi would be feasible (if slightly rushed). A weekend trip to Halong Bay would be a bit impractical as you wouldn't get enough time on the boat to really get anywhere.

Anything about boat trip

Hey guys im new here. Planning to go for a boat trip, i have more than 20 person interested. I heard they also provide the speed jet and drinks but i have no idea where to start.
    I live in Hongkong Gold Coast. Is there any one close?
    Or you may as well give me the info about any boat trip you had done. Thank you!

You should start a new thread in the one of the Hong Kong sections of the forum, rather than tack this question onto a thread about Vietnam.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast