Like Tree7Likes

can I check in someone elses suitcases at the airport express?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

can I check in someone elses suitcases at the airport express?

if we flying out together is it necessary for us both to go to check in to check luggage?
    would be convenient if one of us could drop cases to be checked in whilst the other grabs some last minute stuff..'
    I can take her passport, but does she need to be there in person at the airport express?
    cheers!

She absolutely needs to be present at check-in, or you could go ahead and check her in anyway, but she must personally collect her boarding pass at the counter.

P.S. - There is one exception, if you have already checked-in online and only have to check your bags, as long as you do not exceed the maximum number of bags per pax (so you can probably check two bags at most, your name will be printed on the baggage stickers - any more than that and she will have to be there).

Last edited by Dreadnought; 20-12-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    scrambler likes this.

hey nice one thanks! we do only have one bag each- so I can pop down with her passport? cos she's at work until jus b4 checkin time

Hell no! Security 101!

but it says I can drop in the bags at self check in bag drop off *at the airport*
    ---> already got the boarding pass printed
    any one confirm I can do *something* like that at the airport express station? ( kowloon or cetral the same right?)

Hi, like I said, if you are already checked-in online, then just take those two bags with you to airport express check-in along with your passport, so no need to present her passport. Technically then, from the airline's standpoint, you are checking two bags and she checks zero. The bags are treated as yours, not yours and hers.

She can just go straight to the airport with a print-out of the boarding pass from the online check-in whilst you will have a proper boarding pass given to you at the airport express check-in.

This doesn't work if you're going to anywhere other than the Americas if the two bags exceed 23kg in total (assuming economy).

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    This doesn't work if you're going to anywhere other than the Americas if the two bags exceed 23kg in total (assuming economy).
    Ah, yes. Forgot to mention that.

By the way, how was Christmas shopping, Grunt?

flyin cathay but not to america? 23kg is a bit light for 2 bags ?

It is. But if only you are there then you can only check in an amount not exceeding your allowance. Why don't you check the bags in on the way to work in the morning (or even the day before)?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast