China Visa in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

China Visa in HK

Hello all,

I will be going to HK again in April for a vacation and I plan to arrive on April 18th which is a Friday at night time. I also plan to leave on Sunday April 20th to go to mainland China

I know there are a bunch of CTS offices around and I was wondering if anyone has experience with them. I need to get a Visa (I am Canadian) and I am worried that most of their 2-3 Day express are for 2-3 BUSINESS days. I will come after 6pm on Friday so I will probably need a 2 day express, but do you guys know if there are any that will operate during the weekends? I know their offices are open during the weekends, but do they also process the Visa as well? Also, do they all charge the same? I plan on going to the CTS office at the airport since it would be more convenient, but I could travel elsewhere in HK if its a bit cheaper which I assume it may be.

Anyways, if anyone has any information or advice that would be great.

Considering that you still have a few months time before you go to Hong Kong why don't you apply for the China visa at the Chinese Embassy or the Chinese Consulate nearest your residence.

I've heard that the one year visa are unavailable until the olympics...

Quote Originally Posted by demoore:
    I've heard that the one year visa are unavailable until the olympics...
    demoore - Not true, I just got a one year visa 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    demoore - Not true, I just got a one year visa 2 weeks ago.
    Same here, I got mine a month ago with no problems.

I think all cts offices charge the same, but can't say for sure. If you need one in a rush like that you have to pay extra and may need to show a ticket, thats if they are open. the main visa office in the china services building is open weekdays only, and i believe cts has to go through them.

as much of a pain it is to get a china visa in a foreign city without an embassy, that might be your only option.

from my experience, all CTS offices charge the same price, while some are open on saturdays, but i can't guarantee if they use it as a processing day. check their website.

they also have 1-hour express if you are -desperate-.

if you pick one up in canada it's about 50$CAD for a double-entry visa, which maybe you'd want to consider if you are so concerned with time constraints (although the PRC Consulate is only in van, TO and calgary).

Can you get an express service training/work visa for Hong Kong?

hi i am an INDIAN in hk next week for few days and wanted to visit shenzhen .I understand that now they have stopped visa on arrival in Lowu . Can i get a china visa in Hk ? I need it in 2-3 working days .
    Pls advice .

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast