Like Tree2Likes

Canadian citizen w/o a Canadian passport

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian citizen w/o a Canadian passport

I wonder if anyone use a foreign passport to entre Can. when u are a Canadian citizen.

Will they ask why at the custom?As I am short of time to apply the passport in hk.

How would they know?

In answer, I have entered the UK on an Australian passport even though I am British - I mislaid the UK one for a while - you just have to ensure you exit on the same passport you enter on.

i have had a canadian passport issued in less than two weeks here in hk... they had to expedite it, but it was possible. they also have "emergency" passports that are valid for one trip, but they are more expensive.

I don't see why they don't allow you to enter Canada using other valid country's passport (Unless you got a North Korean one?)

Well it's certainly illegal for Americans to enter the US using any other passport. Not sure if it's true of Canada though.

Does the non-Canadian passport you are currently holding allow for visa-free entry into Canada? Even if the border folks might let you in without a passport, the airlines here may refuse you passage if you do not have the right to enter Canada on the documentation you are carrying.

Emergency travel papers are relatively easy to obtain at the Canadian consulate.

carang likes this.

Just check CANadas Foreign Diplomacy website.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Even if the border folks might let you in without a passport.
    what imaginary country is this?

Me = Canadian.

I've entered Canada many times without any passport. Although I had the passport in my possession, I didnt present it and was never asked about it.
    Furthermore, Canada does not check papers on exit.

I dont think you need to worry about it as long as you have your Citizenship card on hand. Having said that, I just checked this official looking webpage (#8) and it contradicts my personal experience:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ang=eng&view=d

Who are you going to trust? Some random guy on the interweb or Canada govt website?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    what imaginary country is this?
    I've certainly entered the UK without a passport before so it is possible! Having a strong British accent certainly helped. I couldn't find my passport (it was actually in my bag, but after a 24 hour flight from Australia I was so tired and disorientated I just couldnt see it) and they just waved me in. That was before 2001 though so might be harder today!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast