Like Tree1Likes

3 year china multiple entry visa

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    It is quite expensive! And very frustrating when you see that most other nationalities only pay 150Rmb...
    Yes, but it is reciprocal, UK government charges a similar fee for Chinese to visit the UK.

if you're an american citizen, it will cost you over HK$1000 for a single visit visa, so on uk passports it's not too bad.

any one here on a uk passport sucessfully applied for a multi 6/12month visa for the first time?, my friend apparently was only given a double visa as cts as he applied for the first time, can you get a multi 6/12 month visa if you have applied for the first time?

I now only go to china consulate as i have many bad experience with cts.

Friends of mine who are Brits with HKID got the multi-entry visa first time, a few weeks ago. They applied direct at the China consulate and juct ticked the box for multi, no one queried it. I guess you try, and if they don't accept they give you a double instead!

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    if you're an american citizen, it will cost you over HK$1000 for a single visit visa, so on uk passports it's not too bad.
    If you are an American passport holder, and you apply in the US, you can get a one year multi-entry visa for the same price. Even if you live in Hong Kong, you can use courier your passport to the agent in the US -would still work out cheaper than applying for a series of single entry.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I now only go to china consulate as i have many bad experience with cts.
    It's not a consulate but a visa issuing office. I agree that there usually is no reason to go to an agent in Hong Kong when you can get the same visa at a cheaper price direct from the source. However, staff at the visa office can be a little difficult to deal with- make sure you have all the papers in order and keep conversation to the minimum is the best policy I think. If you are after a visa other than a L visa, and you don't have all the correct papers, then using an agent might be advisable, although CTS would not be on the list of preferred agents.

Sorry to rehash this issue, but is it possible for HKID holders in HK with a British passport to get a 6 or 12 month multi entry tourist visa for China?

Summarising my understanding of the multiple discussions here.

Yes if you are a HK Permanent Resident (up to 3 years is possible in this case).

Yes if you have previously (reasonably recently) had single or double entry visas.

Maybe, depending on factors unknown, if not. In this case they automatically grant a single or double visa if the multi- is declined.

The only difference between nationalities in the above categories is the price of the visa. The US and UK are amongst those for whom it is more expensive.

Last edited by PDLM; 04-09-2009 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Sorry to rehash this issue, but is it possible for HKID holders in HK with a British passport to get a 6 or 12 month multi entry tourist visa for China?
    Yes, but easier if you have a previous Chinese visa.

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Yes in total - you do not have to be a perm HKID holder You qualify if you just have the residence HKID for 6 or 12 month. You apply for 12 months on the understanding they may only give 6 months ( never known it to happen i you have a multi entry visa before )

You can get a 3 yr visa by applying in the UK through the embassy.

Thanks. I was told in the UK by the official Chinese Visa processing centre in London that it is *not* possible to get multi-entry tourist visas at all, unless on the basis of visiting relatives in China, even having had previous double entry visas.

I have a previous recent double entry visa in my passport, so will try to get a multi-entry when I am in HK.

Again - maybe rehashing covered ground here, but if in person:

(1) Where do I go in HK in person to get this done?
    (2) What do I need to produce? Passport, HKID, payment? Is there a form? Is a HK residential address required?
    (3) What is the basic turnaround time (assuming a drop-off; come back in a few days to collect basis)?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    You can get a 3 yr visa by applying in the UK through the embassy.
    I hadn't heard about this in the UK. I presume you need to approach the embassy, rather than the official outsourced visa processing centre? Any pointers on this process welcome. Thanks