Bangkok hotels recommendation plz!

Closed Thread

Cool Bangkok hotels recommendation plz!

Hi folks,

We are thinking of Bangkok again late March / April.

To summarize prior encounters:
    Simply fall in love with the Peninsula Bangkok;
    stunned by how run down Holiday Inn Silom is; absolutely hate the management for mistreating us and visiting guests at Arnoma Hotel Bangkok; room of Novotel On Siam Square gave very contemporary minimalistic impressions; Lebua relieves HKers of claustrophobia.

Any recommendations?

I stayed at the new hilton (on the 'wrong' side of the river) about a year ago. it was nice, great view from the upper floors and the club room is on the roof so you can walk outside for an unobstructed view. Only problem was that it was brand new at the time and taxi drivers didn't know where it was, but they should now. They also have a dock and river boat to the bts.

oh and some comically large lamps that you have to see to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by rkhl:
    To summarize prior encounters:
    Simply fall in love with the Peninsula Bangkok;
    stunned by how run down Holiday Inn Silom is; absolutely hate the management for mistreating us and visiting guests at Arnoma Hotel Bangkok; room of Novotel On Siam Square gave very contemporary minimalistic impressions; Lebua relieves HKers of claustrophobia.

Any recommendations?
    Not sure how much you want to spend, but I absolutely like the Holiday Inn Ploenchit. It was renovated about 3 (?) years ago and the rooms, service, breakfast and location is absolutely great.

I suppose room rates around Peninsula BKK level will do. I personally just needa bed & I'll be fine, but then other beg to differ and was hugely happy for what she got out of the Pen...

Hotel in Bangkok

If you enjoy both the contemporary and garden feel at the same time. Try Swissotel Lai Nart Park. Been there this CNY. I enjoyed a lot.

Have you checked out Tripadvisor for their views.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by rkhl:
    I suppose room rates around Peninsula BKK level will do. I personally just needa bed & I'll be fine, but then other beg to differ and was hugely happy for what she got out of the Pen...
    Prodigal son Takshin has booked an entire floor of the Peninsula, so be warned. At other times, yes awesome hotel, but yes also on the 'wrong' side of the river.

Nai Lert Park is good (the old Hilton). There are three from Starwood - Westin Grand, Sheraton and Plaza Athenee, all said to be fine. Someone I know enjoyed deluxe room at Rembrandt. I second that one about Holiday Inn Ploenchit. Great location and for money closer to the Pen's tariff there are Intercontinental and Grand Hyatt right in that area.

We enjoyed the Shangri-la. The water taxi stop just around the corner from the hotel was a big plus.

Bangkok hotels

As a Thai, I strongly recommend you to check the following website.

Bangkok Hotels - Hotel Reservations and Discounts for Hotels in Bangkok

Each an every hotel is listed in this web, whether the cheapest or the most expensive liked Oriental. Reviews are there for your comparison too

Cheers

Kev