Travelling to Hua Hin from Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have the name of a car service. They pick you up from the airport and drive you straight to hua him. Round trip was 4000 bhat

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    My rule of thumb is that "Hotel Cars" are about 2-5 times the cost of a normal taxi .... (more like 10 x in Manila). Would be interested to see if this ratio holds in BKK
    No no no, would never ever use a hotel car!!! Especially not a 5* hotel car!

I was given the contact from a colleague and it seemed to be among the cheapest quotes I got.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Have the name of a car service. They pick you up from the airport and drive you straight to hua him. Round trip was 4000 bhat

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using GeoClicks Mobile
    I will definitely pm you for details of the car service if my wife and I ultimately decide to go there. Still weighing up.
    Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    I heard that they also have flights on 12-seater planes to Hua Hin. I am a bit chicken when it comes to flying on the smaller planes though.
    This service was cancelled a few years back and hast been seen since:
    http://www.huahinairport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    How is the golf in Hua Hin?

i.e. number/quality of courses?
    It has one of the best courses in Thailand/Asia with Black Mountain. Other courses of quality include Banyan, Sea Pines and Springfield. A notch down, you have Imperial and Majestic. Then there's Palm Hills(boring and easy resort course) and Royal Hua Hin(good layout right in town but poor maintenance).

In high season, they all cost over 3000 Baht if you include caddie and tip which is on the expensive side for Thailand and around 1000 more for BM and Banyan.

If you are a cheap bastard like me, you try to go in August September when many courses are 800 Baht and even BM is usually half the price. Hotels also tend to be cheaper...

4000Baht return is a fair price though you can get it for as low as 3000Baht if you're lucky but the car might not be as nice.

The minibus are ok but can be crowded and uncomfortable. Those that think it's torture to fly Cathay's bucket seat would obviously find this difficult.

Are you kidding? Hua Hin is a golfing mecca. There are at least a dozen good championship quality courses within 20km of the town centre, and Thailand's oldest golf club right in the middle of town itself.

I have a house in Hua Hin. It's my idea of heaven.