Decent (cheap) hotels in Macau?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrej:
    800 in Macau currency? Same as HK right? Thats not cheap I guess.
    800 HK$ was what the OP mentioned as his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Define Cheap?

Considering you can get a suite at the Venetian for $2500 per night thats cheap!
    I am actually comparing it to HK rates which you can get a something decent with 300 HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    If you give yourself enough time I would recommend the Pousada de Mong-Ha. It is run by the Institute for Tourism Studies and is subsidised as a result.
    It is very popular so you need to book in advance but always worth a try. Their number is +853 515222.
    Any idea how much is their room rates? Trying to call them but its always busy. Will give it try again later.

I once stayed at Regency Macau, and frankly it was a good deal. Nice room plus breakfast & good service. Try it out.
    You can get the price details on macau.com. (I booked it through them).

Later

G

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Define Cheap?

Considering you can get a suite at the Venetian for $2500 per night thats cheap!
    Last year a friend of mine got a suite at the Venetian for $1200 and that too at the New Year's time. Now that's what I call 'cheap'...

I stayed at the Sintra a few months ago. Cheap and decent with good sized rooms. Easy to find on google.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrej:
    Any idea how much is their room rates? Trying to call them but its always busy. Will give it try again later.
    To be honest, mine were subbed but I think someone said they are around the 800 mark.

just came back from macau today. stayed at east asia hotel. 2 single beds room in just HK$400. walking distance from Sun Ma Lo (senado square, st.paul's ruins)

other friends stayed at Hotel Man Va - HK$320 for 2 single beds room.

both hotel was just fine. we just stayed there for 1 night just to send my cousin and friends to macau airport.

Very nice (and not too expensive) boutique hotel in "Old Macao" - Pousada de Mong-Ha, Macau - Pousada de Mong-Ha (Macau Peninsula, Macau Region) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

WAldo hotel

try Waldo hotel i booked this hotel through an agent in the China Hong Kong city building in TST. The same place where you leave for Macau using the First Ferry service. They gave it to me for 780/night, w/o breakfast , the room was big...really nicely decorated and i could see sands and the fisherman's wharf from the window. no swimming pool. but service was good and fast, they also have a free shuttle bus to and from the hotel/ferry pier.