Like Tree1Likes

Trip to Israel on Easter holiday

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The official rules say jews are not allowed entry into malaysia but I know people who managed it. Malaysia is not as pernickety as middle east. Those guys are crazy.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The official rules say jews are not allowed entry into malaysia but I know people who managed it. Malaysia is not as pernickety as middle east. Those guys are crazy.
    This is going off-topic, but I'd be interested to see that quoted anywhere as an official rule.

Israelis aren't allowed entry into Malaysia without explicit and individual permission from their Ministry of Home Affairs, but I have no idea if such permission is easy, hard, or impossible to get...

Israelis != Jews.
    Last edited by vmlinuz; 14-03-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Immigration don't give permission for Israels, Home Affairs does

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    This is going off-topic, but I'd be interested to see that quoted anywhere as an official rule.

Israelis aren't allowed entry into Malaysia without explicit and individual permission from their Immigration department, but I have no idea if such permission is easy, hard, or impossible to get...

Israelis != Jews.
    It's been a while. I was told it by a jewish (australian) guy when I was living there (in Malaysia). Which was over 10 years ago admittedly so things might have changed. He basically said he was just very careful not to let anyone know! (and not orthadox anyway). We had a very strict jew working for us at the same time, and he couldn't visit because he was not prepared to hide his religion (wears the head cap etc).

It's been a while. I was told it by a jewish (australian) guy when I was living there (in Malaysia). Which was over 10 years ago admittedly so things might have changed. He basically said he was just very careful not to let anyone know! (and not orthadox anyway). We had a very strict jew working for us at the same time, and he couldn't visit because he was not prepared to hide his religion (wears the head cap etc).
    Okay, so that's hearsay - if it's an official rule, I'd expect it to be mentioned somewhere. Was your religious colleague actually turned away, or did he not go because he'd been told not to?

I can understand saying that if you go, you shouldn't flaunt your Jewishness because people on the street are likely to be unimpressed, but again that's not the same as being refused entry by the government...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by kaila88:
    A friend told me that even though I ask the officer not to stamp my passport, it's up to them whether it will be stamped or not.
    I asked my passport not to be stamped and the immigration officer took great delight in stamping it. That said, this was 30+ years ago and perhaps I just had a bit of a bitch of an officer.

One tip, drink lots of water there. The humidity can be really low and you don't realise you are losing fluid through your skin. Not like Hong Kong where the sweat drips off you. Check your pee to make sure you're getting enough fluid. And try the falafel!

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:

Israelis != Jews.
    Most Jews in the world arent Israeli, just like most christians are not Italian.
    There are christian, muslim and atheist Israelis as well as other faiths.

vmlinuz, what passport are you holding?
    My Canadian friend didn't ask the officer to stamp/not stamp her passport and she got no stamp on her passport but my HK friend, had her passport stamped.
    From my observation, usually immigration officer will not go through the passport before they stamp it so if someone has an Israeli stamp on his passport, the officer from that particular country will only know it if they check through his passport. The only concern is whether with that stamp he can't go to Dubai for a day meeting.

I found this thread which appears to suggest Dubai is fine. Note the other points in the thread too.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...readID=2083706

I found this thread which appears to suggest Dubai is fine. Note the other points in the thread too.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...readID=2083706
    Thanks, this thread gave piece of mind regarding this issue.

I got this link from a friend and hopefully can help those people who're confused whether to ask or not to ask for their passport to be stamp when they go to Israeli.
    I've never thought about this until somebody posted this issue here, thanks for bringing this up.
    Will give more details regarding this after I'm back from the trip to the Holy Land

http://www.themadtraveleronline.com/...p-my-passport/