Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By pin
  • 1 Post By MrRotavator

LHR Immigration Counters

Closed Thread

LHR Immigration Counters

my son and i are travelling to london this summer and wanted to check whether both of us can queue up for the immigration counter for British Nationals even though my son will be on a visit visa (he holds a foreign passport but i hold a british passport).

i contacted the visa section in phillipines/hk/uk - phillipines office told me to contact hk - hk told me to contact uk - have not heard a peep from uk, and their websites keep on giving me blank pages!

any replies will be much appreciated.

Went I went to the UK with my wife (holding a non EEA passport) she was allowed to join me in the queue for EEA Nationals.

The mistress on the other hand had to line up with the rest of the rabble.

aava and dear giant like this.

There is a member of staff deployed at the entrance to the immigration hall - just ask him/her. You can probably use the EEA line.

aava likes this.

Can't say specifically for non-EEA w/EEA @ LHR, but I've always dragged my non-US Citizen family with me through the "US Citizen" line in the USA. If I had a choice I'd probably just choose which one was shorter and jump in that queue...

Easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission......

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission......
    Not sure if that would work with Homeland Security staff in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by aava:
    my son and i are travelling to london this summer and wanted to check whether both of us can queue up for the immigration counter for British Nationals even though my son will be on a visit visa (he holds a foreign passport but i hold a british passport).

i contacted the visa section in phillipines/hk/uk - phillipines office told me to contact hk - hk told me to contact uk - have not heard a peep from uk, and their websites keep on giving me blank pages!

any replies will be much appreciated.
    It's fine. We usually pick the shortest line and join that. Never had an issue.

The UK is more civilised than the USA.