Like Tree51Likes

travelling from HK to all over the world.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

yes hkd .

i would probably stay a day or 2 in each of those places.

A troll or retarded or a retarded troll. Hard to choose. Travel the world, time is no problem, spend a day in a country. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Travel the world, time is no problem, spend a day in a country. Yep.
    Sad but it seems this is how many travellers seem to view the world. A weekend in London and you've "done" the UK .... not.....

If I had a dollar for everyone I met backpacking who claimed they'd done Indonesia when really they'd been to Bali....

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using GeoClicks Mobile

for all you who say it's not possible i know this guy who made the same trip under 30k hkd, his primary destination was norway but did not want to take a direct flight so he took a solo journey by land by train and ferry and along the way see meet interact with people in 1-2 days of stay.

so those who think its sad how people view the world its bs. i bet most of u did the same and view the world same way spent a weekend here and there. not everyones rich so they do whatever they can with whatever tehy have for however long. if someone rich he can spend a month exploring a country but if u have only 30k, its good enough to stay a day or 2 in a country for the experience and the journey and cover different countries in a month.

lot of discouraging people here who think they know about traveling but probably never made a trip of your own on solo. this guy i know never had any experience before he just packed one day and said he would do it cuz he's been listening to guys like u for too long and he seems to be doing fine and still got money to get back to hk.

and those who did try to help in some way thanks, got the info i needed on how to travel, its simply doing a lot of research on your own and have the guts to just go.

Much better to spend say a week each in four countries than 1 or 2 days in 20 countries. You will spend all the time travelling and not enough experiencing.

I would agree that if you are prepared to rough it then your budget would be OK but the more countries you visit the more money you waste on travel - unless you hitch hike as I suggested which can give you enough experiences anyway. On my hitch hike through Europe I was taken in by a family in France and another family in Italy. A women in France gave me food. Another woman in France drove me round all day and payment was in kind . I didn't get that when I was on an inter-rail pass!

anthro likes this.

or, here's an idea: use the $30k to pay off 1/2 of your debt?

anthro, MovingIn07 and Satay Sue like this.

that debt will still be around i'd rather let it hang and travel the world then spend my days paying debts

Well don't come crying to daddy for cash as you are in the big world now. You can take care of yourself and handle your financial situation splendily so far.

I suggest you hitch hike through Europe. Save alot on travel money.

Good luck.