Manila to Subic

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

When you arrive at Manila airport there is a single authorised airport Taxi office which has posted fixed rates to various destinations around Luzon. The price above was a guess, and we're not absolutely sure what route they would take. If it is to go up the North Luzon Expressway to Clark and then down the new freeway to Subic then that could take anything from 2.5 on a really good day to 4+ hours, depending particularly on how bad the traffic is in Manila (the airport is on the south side so you have to cross metro Manila).

I have finally managed to book a flight to Subic from Mnl. Hope that it all will go well, otherwise we would have to go with the hired taxi.
    I also hope that it would be a more pleasant journey for my toddler compared to sitting in a car for hours in case of traffic.
    Thanks to all for your input and help.

No problem. Please come back and give us feedback on how it went.

Will do when I get back!

Hi all,
    My trip to the Subic went well. The seaplane ride went smoothly, we paid Php11k, half an hour flight. We also went to Angeles and Clark by taxi from Subic, stayed for a day. Then took a taxi all the way back to Manila. My daughter coped with all the travelling very well too. So overall it was a good trip!

>> My daughter coped with all the travelling very well too.

Kids are usually tougher than their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Ah. OK. Thanks. Wish I'd known that before I just bought some tickets...

Is it any wonder they don't get enough passengers when they do everything possible not to advertise the service!

Having said that, looking at the HK Airport website it appears to be Sunday, Wednesday Friday, but with the usual "when they feel like it" caveat - it just didn't appear in yesterday's schedule for example.

Let us know if/when you've taken it a few times and let's see if the reliability gets any better than it was before.
    In hindsight I'm glad I didn't know that and buy tickets! They've abandoned the service again. How on earth HK Airlines/HK Express thinks they can establish a business by randomly stopping and starting flights at no notice and with no advertising is beyond me. But then from what I read on PPRUNE its run by a bunch of complete no-hopers anyway...

CX agian as usual for me tomorrow then!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    In hindsight I'm glad I didn't know that and buy tickets! They've abandoned the service again. How on earth HK Airlines/HK Express thinks they can establish a business by randomly stopping and starting flights at no notice and with no advertising is beyond me. But then from what I read on PPRUNE its run by a bunch of complete no-hopers anyway...

CX agian as usual for me tomorrow then!
    Yep, and no news on what is happening. Only ran for a couple of weeks. Total jerks. I am booking flights for June, July and August but will have to go to Manila. A very pissed off person.

Tiger from Macau to Clark seems much more reliable if the schedule works and you can live with very limited legroom, paying extra for reserved sating and all the usual low cost carrier stuff... Overall door-to-door time to Pampanga is similar to going through Manila and much more consistent given that you don't have the completely unpredictable "will it take me 30 minutes or 3 hours to get from NAIA to the NLE"?