Like Tree5Likes

has anyone been to Window of the World Alpine Ice and Snow World in shenzhen?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

has anyone been to Window of the World Alpine Ice and Snow World in shenzhen?

has anyone been to Window of the World Alpine Ice and Snow World in shenzhen? i heard it's good and inexpensive,

http://travel.cnn.com/hong-kong/play...ng-kong-888101

http://www.szwwco.com/motionproject/aebsbxsj/

strangely, the english ver of site don't work

it's good place to go? has anyone had any first party experience?

Yes, its fun with the family but:
    - the skiing is very expensive (skating/tubing are reasonable).
    - the cold bits (ski/tube/skate) are extremely and ridiculously crowded during summer weekends
    - the cold bits are very cold any time of the year
    - the rest of the park is not well maintained (lots of dead grass, chipped paint etcetc)
    - the shows are a bit cheezy
    - food options are lacking. Practically nothing western and the chinese options are pretty dire

Having said all that, the kids absolutely love it and its a fun day out for the whole family. Its nice to combine it on a 2 day outing. 1 day there and 1 day at Happy Valley amusement park with reasonable hotels nearby...

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Yes, its fun with the family but:
    - the skiing is very expensive (skating/tubing are reasonable).
    - the cold bits (ski/tube/skate) are extremely and ridiculously crowded during summer weekends
    - the cold bits are very cold any time of the year
    - the rest of the park is not well maintained (lots of dead grass, chipped paint etcetc)
    - the shows are a bit cheezy
    - food options are lacking. Practically nothing western and the chinese options are pretty dire

Having said all that, the kids absolutely love it and its a fun day out for the whole family. Its nice to combine it on a 2 day outing. 1 day there and 1 day at Happy Valley amusement park with reasonable hotels nearby...
    expensive, strange, according to their site, 80RMB per hour including ski equipment hire, even annual pass is not expensive.

http://www.szwwco.com/motionproject/aebsbxsj/

did you book via agent or directly?

In my book, 80RMB an hour is very expensive for a family activity. I'm walking around with a family of 5 (3 kids); that works out to 400 per hour

No, never used an agent; nothing to book. Just take a bus to the ShenzhenBay border and then taxi it over; buy tickets at the door.

If you are looking for something better quality, Chimelong is much nicer (but no cold stuff there). You can easily spend 2-4 days in Chimelong.

imparanoic likes this.

In my book, 80RMB an hour is very expensive for a family activity. I'm walking around with a family of 5 (3 kids); that works out to 400 per hour

No, never used an agent; nothing to book. Just take a bus to the ShenzhenBay border and then taxi it over; buy tickets at the door.

If you are looking for something better quality, Chimelong is much nicer (but no cold stuff there). You can easily spend 2-4 days in Chimelong.
    ok, comparative speaking, it's 30 pounds in uk per hour ( tamworth snowdome) or HK$320 per hour on an artificial ski ( conveyor belt) machine in north point, HK. also, i actualled skiied in korea, it's was in the region of HK$700-800 for around 6-7 hours.

I have been to chimelong waterworld twice, excellent place to take kids, even better to a group of adults, basically, it's million times better than disney hk or ocean park

sounds like a great place to visit in shenzhen

I took my family to Shenzhen 'Safari' Zoo last week. We stayed at 7 days Inn near Shenzhen North Station. All told, less than $2500 for a two day break, lol...Try doing that in England!

By the way, this is great: http://en.7daysinn.cn/

I guess it's like a travelodge, for comparison. Clean, safe and secure, friendly staff and about 20 quid for a double room...become a member for a instant discount.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I have been to chimelong waterworld twice, excellent place to take kids, even better to a group of adults, basically, it's million times better than disney hk or ocean park

sounds like a great place to visit in shenzhen
    How old are the kids? How many?
    My biggest caveat (about SZ) would be that its shabby.
    If you are used to China and China standards, its perfectly fine but its not polished, its old and its not maintained all that well. SZ is no where near the quality of Chimelong.

Kids wont care but mum&dad might

Another place to consider for kids (much smaller) is CastFast in DongGuan...Even more down market but they have horses there and kids also enjoy it for a fun day out.

If you are used to China and China standards, its perfectly fine but its not polished, its old and its not maintained all that well. SZ is no where near the quality of Chimelong.

Another place to consider for kids (much smaller) is CastFast in DongGuan...Even more down market but they have horses there and kids also enjoy it for a fun day out.
    I agree on the shabby. Reminds me of some of the northern (England) seaside resorts actually.....peeling paint and so on! It's alright though innit?

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I agree on the shabby. Reminds me of some of the northern (England) seaside resorts actually.....peeling paint and so on! It's alright though innit?
    Exactly! Skegness kind of place. Still fun, nothing really wrong with it, the kids love it.
    INXS likes this.

I only have one kid and he is only a few months old

lo wu and futian is gritty, dodgy and grimy full stop, but have you ever been to Yantian district it's far nicer or shenzhen bay/nanshan, take ur kids on the minsz theme park ( decommissioned aircarrier) or nice ride along yantian port/sea front ( it's similar to nice bike ride around hangzhou)

but as highlighted by yourself, chimelong is far nicer place for kids to go, but it's also very far in panyu, guangzhou
    HowardCoombs and INXS like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast