Not for dog lovers!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

read in reports that the south korean authorities are looking to reclassify dogs as livestock so they can be killed and processed in slaughter houses.

What's wrong with eating dog? I had a hot pot with a major client in Maoming as a celebration dinner, at their request. Little tough is my only comment.

Last edited by Flat Hunter; 05-04-2008 at 10:34 AM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Slaughter in Gaza

I wonder if this would have made the news if it had been elsewhere?

Rare turtle slaughtered in Gaza | Video | Reuters.com

actually, I told my guitar teacher about it (he's a local) and he told me that there are villages in and around Tai Po where the villagers still partake in a bit of dog eating every now and again.

the chihuahua was bred for the pot by early S.Americans. So it's not just Asians that eat dog. British and French eat bunnies, and how about lamb and veal? have you ever seen a calf? or a lamb? so why object to dog? I draw the line at horse but I'd don't think I'd freak if I inadvertantly ate a bit. And no-one mentions frogs, snails, rat, snake, crocodile, octopus, balut, duck etc etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by XI_YAN:
    the chihuahua was bred for the pot by early S.Americans. So it's not just Asians that eat dog. British and French eat bunnies, and how about lamb and veal? have you ever seen a calf? or a lamb? so why object to dog? I draw the line at horse but I'd don't think I'd freak if I inadvertantly ate a bit. And no-one mentions frogs, snails, rat, snake, crocodile, octopus, balut, duck etc etc etc etc

Well stated Xi Yan!!

"... unsightliness, by definition, is in the eye of the beholder, and beholders are motivated by prejudice as often as by justice."

so long as the dog, rat, rabbit, cow, horse, donkey, sheep, chicken, snake, lizard, crocodile, duck, goose, turkey, pheasant, is handled and dispatched humanely I have no objections to what ppl eat even if I wouldn't want to partake myself. I have more objection to pate fois gras than dog to be honest. Or the way donkeys are transported to Europe for meat.

Quote Originally Posted by XI_YAN:
    the chihuahua was bred for the pot by early S.Americans.
    yep, saw lots of those little critters hanging up too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2