Oasis Liqiudation - Refunds / Chargebacks / FAQs

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

>> Never received a reply from them - probably didn't believe me.

Or they've got bigger problems in life to deal with at the moment?

Well, there goes my flight in May... knew the price was too good to be true. o_O

Best I've found so far is $800 (Canadian Dollars) for Vancouver to Hong Kong. Any recommendations?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by chan13y:
    Well, there goes my flight in May... knew the price was too good to be true. o_O

Best I've found so far is $800 (Canadian Dollars) for Vancouver to Hong Kong. Any recommendations?
    Book it! With loads of other people in the same situation, seats might be scarce.

soo mad. bought ticket for june as well. just called citibank credit card and supposed there's no protection for bankruptcy of merchants.. also, same answer with consumer council.. pls let me know if oasis announces any refunds.. thanks..

Claire, where did you find the flight for $800 cad? i'm desperate now.. haha..

sorry that was for chan13y..

To bring a little bit of sensibility into the discussion whilst we wait for the press release.

We as retail consumers don't really care which airline we fly so Oasis will not be missed and not talked about with love and cuddly feelings. Its a shame because it deserved to succeed.

Friends of mine ( airline professionals ) speak of it with kindness, not some cheapo, crappy, operation with a hard heart and an accountant with a sharp pencil. They tried to do something nice and ( maybe ) it failed. Nice guys don't win anymore and some may say. they don't deserve to. Its a harsh world out there.

How ironic then that NOW ( from last week ) any man and his dog airline can fly into LHR on the transatlantic route BUT 2yrs ago and since , Oasis couldn't get a slot into the same place. One wonders a) where these other slots have magically appeared from b) if its true that BA and its friends control LHR unless international treaties can be made to override them -- which in this case has taken 20 yrs.

I feel ( if true ) that Oasis failure must be down to their plan going off a cliff with a) fuel prices doubling b) failure to capture the lucrative business market as LHR is preferred to LGW. c) Debt servicing costs.
    In ref to another posting about loss making figures it is only to be expected that they would run at a loss in the initial, maybe 3yr period. Giving themselves, in the model, that time to build a base and serviceable debt regiment. Debt is good sometimes.

Unforeseen 3yrs ago when the plan was signed off on was fuel and debt costs. Debt costs ? Yes -- the sub prime fallout has hit a lot of places and with money more expensive you can see now that financial models made years ago are starting to fall out of the trees like Autumn in New England.

Many airlines have had the same problem INCLUDING Old established but small ops like Aloha of Hawaii.

Its a shame to see them go ( maybe ) as a detached observer. I flew once and loved the flight and Oasis staff. Shame about LGW so Air New Zealand gets my money into LHR which is still crap but not an open sewer like LGW.

To me it looks like the " good old boys " have won again and no doubt Chris Pratt at CX will have a good dinner tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by voice:
    soo mad. bought ticket for june as well. just called citibank credit card and supposed there's no protection for bankruptcy of merchants.. also, same answer with consumer council.. pls let me know if oasis announces any refunds.. thanks..
    Well thats a surprise which got me checking and seems thats not the only thing that is surprising.

Found this
    " * an airline does NOT need an IATA licence. 94% of airlines are members, but an increasing number are not. the low-cost carriers, Ryanair, EasyJet et al, are not and are instead members of ELFAA, the European Low Fare Airlines Association, which in theory protects passengers if a company goes bust.

* airlines do NOT need an ATOL licence unless they are selling a package holiday as part of a deal, which Oasis is not. "

So hope for refunds UNLESS CX gets a government handout to take the bookings ( a picture of a head with a hand holding a gun to it springs to mind ) looks a little bit remote.

In their website Oasis have a window for travel insurance with AIG - maybe thats their angle.

Slightly off topic but perhaps someone can point out to me why business travellers to London prefer LHR to Gatwick.

A tube train from LHR into central London takes an hour or so in a packed, stuffy tube train and only runs until 1 am or so yet the Gatwick Express is only 30 minutes into Victoria and runs 24 hours via East Croydon.

That Tube journey to and from LHR is an arduous experience and I know which airport I'd rather use.

Business travellers don't take the tube: they either get a taxi or take the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then take one.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast