Like Tree4Likes

Passport Visa emergency!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fifine:
    Thanks! I'll try anyway... Some of the ink inside is blurred so it's worrying.
    I have a feeling you were joking.. But if you do know of an agency with connections I would be eternally grateful!!?
    why not try official chinese government visa issuing office in wan chai then as they are not agents and they could issue you a visa based that you have a valid uk passport as you have nothing to lose!

7th Floor, Lower Block, ChinaResourcesBuilding,

No.26, Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/

Quote Originally Posted by fifine:
    I went there yesterday and they said I need to come back with my birth certificate and Taiwanese passport (I don't have a Taiwanese passport)
    That's because you are a Chinese citizen (of Taiwan); whether you have a passport is irrelevant. As I understand it, the Mainland doesn't like people that it knows to be citizens of China (including Taiwan) entering on foreign passports.

Have you considered going to the Taiwanese consulate (or whatever it's called) and seeing if you can get an emergency travel document from them? Though I guess that would be tricky without your birth certificate - I assume in any case that this is already being couriered over?

now, I was not joking.

You might want to ask around whether any agent thinks he can achieve it.

There is one in the China Resources Bldg, Sunrise.
    under chinavisa.com. They are the closest ( measured in distance) to the source, and thus to the people who issue the visa. They also used to run to Shenzhen to get longer term multiple entry visas from there though I think that has ceased. But perhaps they still can get you a visa in Shenzhen good for whole China, except tea bed....

However, your real problem seems to be the place of birth, not the condition of your passport.

Last edited by Morrison; 15-05-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    That's because you are a Chinese citizen (of Taiwan); whether you have a passport is irrelevant. As I understand it, the Mainland doesn't like people that it knows to be citizens of China (including Taiwan) entering on foreign passports.

Have you considered going to the Taiwanese consulate (or whatever it's called) and seeing if you can get an emergency travel document from them? Though I guess that would be tricky without your birth certificate - I assume in any case that this is already being couriered over?
    Thanks for your help but what is your insistence that I'm Taiwanese?

My birth certificate says my Nationality is "British". It is completely written in English. I moved to England shortly after birth and lived there ever since.

The only record we have from Taiwan is a letter (written in English) from the doctor who delivered me confirming simply that I "was born alive" on that date at that hospital in Taipei.

I am sure that if I went to the Taiwan consulate they would be perplexed as to what I was doing there instead of the British consulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    now, I was not joking.

You might want to ask around whether any agent thinks he can achieve it.

There is one in the China Resources Bldg, don't remember the name.
    I think chinavisa.com. They are the closest ( measured in distance) to the source, and thus to the people who issue the visa. They also used to run to Shenzhen to get longer term visa though I think that has ceased. But perhaps they still can get you a visa in Shenzhen good for whole China, except tea bed....

However, your real problem seems to be the place of birth, not the condition of your passport.
    Ahh Yes they were the first people I tried... they pointed out the problem with my place of birth and sent me to the visa office.

Thanks anyway!

deleted....

Last edited by Morrison; 15-05-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    why not try official chinese government visa issuing office in wan chai then as they are not agents and they could issue you a visa based that you have a valid uk passport as you have nothing to lose!

7th Floor, Lower Block, ChinaResourcesBuilding,

No.26, Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/
    She already replied to your previous question.

Hi yes sorry I meant the chinese gov visa issuing office in Wanchai

I went there yesterday and they said I need to come back with my birth certificate and Taiwanese passport (I don't have a Taiwanese passport)
    Unfortunately Fifine, you're SCREWED. No China Trip for you.

This is not true. Many, many countries will consider one a citizen of their mother or father even if born abroad. But unless you exercise that right by securing travel documents or other acts that require citizenship, you are not considered a citizen of that country. No country can force somebody to be a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    No country can force somebody to be a citizen.
    Try arguing that with the China Visa Office

a person with either or both chinese parents born in china* is considered chinese only by the PRC.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast