Shanghai Airline or Air India?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I think Air India is only a nightmare for Indians,everyone has a gay old time on board.

Many Indians have a special 'AI attitude' and the staff tend to reciprocate in kind.
    Having said that I last flew AI in 2001 and had a pleasant enough flight, except that the duty free on board said they could only accept cash and no receipt was issued, and I missed my connecting Indian Airlines flight.

Ai

I think everybody has problems with one or the other airlines, and we Indians do tend to snub our own things to prove others how un-Indian we are and then we give attitude to AI crew, obviously they will resent something like this from a fellow countrymen.
    That explains lot of Indians being unhappy with AI.
    But it doesn't necessarily mean that AI, or any other airline for that matter, is good or bad.
    Have seen long chain of rant against cathay pacific as well.

personally i would say use AI only as a last resort.

Hi, I flew with Air India from HK - Delhi last year, it was fine, not much different from any other carrier really.... but the decor /facilities could have done with an update.
    Shanghai Airlines I have also used, between HK - SH... again pretty basic, but was Ok.

>> prove others how un-Indian we are and then we give attitude to
    >> AI crew, obviously they will resent something like this from a
    >> fellow countrymen.

Thats a load of nonsense. I'm perfectly happy with a fair number of things Indian, including some of the newer private airlines which I've flown within India.

What I'm not happy with is specifically related to Air India's we don't give a rat's arse about you if you're Indian attitude.

hmm possible KIA...
    I have experience of their domestic service i.e. Indian Airlines and that was as good or bad as any other (offcourse now Kingfisher has changed the whole scenario and it's in a different class altogether).
    I have had relatively bad experience of AI when I flew from Riyadh to Mumbai, but understandably, if you are not wearing a business suit on that route, you are treated as blue collared worker. But then, aparently that's the story of any other airline working in that sector.
    Still I feel that each airline is more or less the same, and the staff usually have mistreated some ppl and treated well some others...so there..

Can I ask a slightly related question. I am traveling to India for business in the next few weeks. I'm flying Cathay into Mumbai, but then after a few days when I fly to Delhi I have a choice of KingFisher Airways or Jet Airway for the domestic leg. Any advice on the difference between those two???

Last edited by climber07; 02-05-2008 at 06:50 PM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Kingfisher wins hands down,especially if you dress like a Mossad agent on holiday[Trilby,Hawaiian shirt, Bermudas and Crocs], and be sure to ask for free beer coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07
    Can I ask a slightly related question. I am traveling to India for business in the next few weeks. I'm flying Cathay into Mumbai, but then after a few days when I fly to Delhi I have a choice of KingFisher Airways or Jet Airway for the domestic leg. Any advice on the difference between those two???
    Suggest, you fly Kingfisher, as far domestic Indian air travel is concerned they are the best.

Kingfisher it is. Thanks for the replies guys.

kombuchakid: That was the outfit I normally wear!...I guess i didn't realize it gave off such a huge Mossad vibe....go figure...SVR surelly needs to update the "casual" dress guidance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast