Shanghai Airline or Air India?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Shanghai Airline or Air India?

Hi All!

We're planning a trip to Seoul, Korea and came across some incredible deals on Shanghai Airline & Air India.

Since we've never traveled on these airlines, can anyone share their experiences on either of these airlines?

Thanks~!

jgl

As an Indian who has flown Air India ... all I can say is that I've not been back on that Airline in well over 12-13 years.

jgl

I just read some of the Shanghai reviews. That doesn't look like a viable option either!

LA- just fly Korean Air. They're great- really tasty inflight meals

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    LA- just fly Korean Air. They're great- really tasty inflight meals
    And they more or less seem to have got over their distressing habit of "Controlled Flight Into Terrain" from a few years back.

Mat

I guess in 12-13 years they had time to improve a bit ;-)

Never flew Air India, but shanghai airline is fine.

Mat - Doubt it. Its run by the Govt of India. Jet and a few others are leagues ahead of AI.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    As an Indian who has flown Air India ... all I can say is that I've not been back on that Airline in well over 12-13 years.
    That about sums it up. Knew there had to be a catch - the prices were way too cheap! (The prices were about 1/2 of KA)

I flew Air India about 10 years ago. Had a business class ticket from Bombay to London. There was an Indian minister with his entourage (business/industry folks) also in business class. The minister's wife had an economy ticket and they tried to bump me from business class and upgrade the wife. Made a stink about it and someone from the entourage offered his seat to the wife. Will never fly them again!

On balance I would agree. But I have to say that Air India did actually give me the best meal I have ever had in economy class on a plane on a flight from Delhi. It helps if you like curry of course

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast