Like Tree6Likes

Cathay pacific fanfares

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Open your eyes and just compare (instead of listening to others). Yesterday there were a bunch of seats available to the UK for around 7500 (tax included) for departures in September (now sold out). Those were very good deals.

3 weeks ago, I picked up 3 tickets to Penang for under 5000 (tax included) for departure in August. Another good deal.

There are a lot of very decent deals on FanFares but you need to look and act quickly as the good ones disappear quickly.
    Very tight window with UK flight and v few fanfare flights go to Europe.

Of course I compare but its also good to create discussion...

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Can you please provide your source for this, or you just heard it on the interwebs?

Reason there is no proper low cost carrier in HK, is cause, like most things in HK, a cartel controls everything. In the case of HKIA, its Swire and Jardine.
    Heard it through a friend who heard it from a staff member

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Are any of them based in HK? i.e. HK hub?

Swire / Jardine cartel.

Jetstar HK is so trying to start up here and has been for a few years. Guess where the roadblocks are coming from?
    And look how quickly Oasis came and went.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue88:
    Very tight window with UK flight and v few fanfare flights go to Europe.
    The UK flight was a couple of months away with a 2 week departure window. Almost every week there is a flight special to Europe. Last week was Milan, week before was Paris, the week before that was Rome...There is something practically every week.
    Of course I compare but its also good to create discussion...
    I welcome the discussion but I really dont believe you are looking at these carefully. Either that or we have different personalities and I see glass full

I think fanfares are great and look at them every week.

£30 rtn to Germany from UK as opposed to $1500 to Singapore from hk...
    Does that include the extra Ryan charge when you pay for the ticket with your credit card?

Wish I could take those short notice deals. Alas the missus is a school teacher so holiday dates tend to be specific and during the peak periods. Have thought about just waiting until we get really close to the dates then hoping for a good destination from the last minute deals but haven't had the guts to do it yet. The possibility for disappointment is too high.

The UK flight was a couple of months away with a 2 week departure window. Almost every week there is a flight special to Europe. Last week was Milan, week before was Paris, the week before that was Rome...There is something practically every week.
    I welcome the discussion but I really dont believe you are looking at these carefully. Either that or we have different personalities and I see glass full

I think fanfares are great and look at them every week.
    Two weeks is quite a tight window... Most of the flights seem to be ones to prc...

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Does that include the extra Ryan charge when you pay for the ticket with your credit card?
    £30 still a far cry from $1500 even with the additional charges...

Two weeks is quite a tight window.
    For cheap fares, its perfectly fine. Pay a bit more to get more flexibility.
    Most of the flights seem to be ones to prc
    You are, quite simply, wrong. Go back and look at previous weeks and you'll find between 2-4 flights to PRC every week. It would be more accurate to say most of the flights are *not* to the PRC

For cheap fares, its perfectly fine. Pay a bit more to get more flexibility.You are, quite simply, wrong. Go back and look at previous weeks and you'll find between 2-4 flights to PRC every week. It would be more accurate to say most of the flights are *not* to the PRC
    Up to four flights to a single country is quite a lot... Granted prc is a big place but Cathay flies to so many other countries