Like Tree2Likes

Need passport to visit Macau? Have HK ID card.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

So confusing this thread. As permanent HK ID card holder I have to register first in HK or Macau; and where? I don't mind carrying my passport ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    So confusing this thread. As permanent HK ID card holder I have to register first in HK or Macau; and where? I don't mind carrying my passport ...
    Yes, 3 working days in advance but probably 4 is safest as it says 'around 3'.

You can register at Wanchai Immigration(in advance) or at the ferry terminals in HK or Macau, but these are once you've already entered... presumably for your next trip.

You don't need a passport but if you're white they may just assume you need a passport without really checking your ID. The dude did not look at mine long enough to read it properly I would guess.

Probably an "I have a Permanent HK ID card so I don't need a passport" or an "I have a HKID with R on it so I don't need my passport" would make them actually check and do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    You may enter Macau using your Permanent HKID card (or card with Right to Land or Unconditional stay) at any time, without registering in advance.

However, if you wish to use an e-channel to enter Macau with a Permanent HKID card (rather than using a manned immigration desk) then you must register in advance.
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 21-09-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Tom007 likes this.

Thanks Grunt. Clear and understood :-)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4