Like Tree23Likes

One tiny complaint about the airport

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

It is the whole A/B thing that I find mildly annoying when you are meeting someone who doesn't know the system especially if their bags arrive in the middle of the baggage hall so they can go either way.

BryanL likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    For once I have to agree with you there. HK airport really ranks head and shoulders above many other airports in the world, either in the developed or developing world. Yes, the airport is by no means perfect, and if Airport Authority improve their signage here a bit, it will be even better. But this really is a very minor issue compared to the potential travel headaches one can face (i.e. delayed or cancelled flights, lost luggage, surly and unhelpful airline or airport staff).
    Last edited by Watercooler; 27-07-2013 at 01:00 AM.

I timed it once: 21 minutes from tyres hitting the runway to climbing into a cab.

bak875 likes this.

Original Post Deleted

Really? I went out of my way to avoid this very response. I acknowledged all that. You are right, but just because something is great, that doesn't mean it should be spared all critism and that it can't be improved upon.
    hktraveller likes this.

You're looking at this all wrong. You are missing the opportunity at a FREE Chinese lesson - Major Cities of the World.

Dude, come join us in the 21st century.

Get a smartphone and http://www.hongkongairport.com/fligh...chkfltarr.html

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    You're looking at this all wrong. You are missing the opportunity at a FREE Chinese lesson - Major Cities of the World.
    So true... even though it is slow it's still quicker than Manchester airport that flicks though three screens of info only to say your flight is delayed.

There are great apps for the arrival/departure too.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using GeoClicks Mobile

There seems to be a ghost in this thread!

One other small request I would make is to add a place that serves alcohol down in the arrivals level.

I typically wind up going upstairs to one of the restaurants ( the place next to Popeyes or place above it). But it wouldn't hurt to have a beer and wine place down on the arrivals level.

The priority pass arrivals lounge has alcohol