Vietnam Visa anyone?

Closed Thread

Vietnam Visa anyone?

Has anyone applied for a Vietnam visa?
    Can you give me an idea as to how much it costs and whether you can get same day service?
    Ideally a multi-entry business visa, but a tourist visa would also work as I have something off the net which says business visa applications are complex.
    And they have some sort of electronic visa which you pick up at the border. Has anyone tried that?
    And don't bother giving me their phone number as they never answer it. Also, they are not too good with emails either (which means the e-visa scares me).

Last edited by Sleuth; 16-05-2008 at 01:36 PM.

we went for a vacation there last year Oct.

We got the visa within 3-4 working days after the missus went down to to the mbassy with the required forms filled, photo's and cash (can't remember how much)

We also had the same problem that no one answered the phone but it was fine getting the visa.

I would suggets that to be on the safe side, allow 1 week.

Vietnam

I had applied this year, for 3 months multiple and they charged me think was 1000HK + (for express). I got it the next day though. I have been there couple of times before.

If i remember correct a single entry costs HK300 or so and if you want it same day they charge like extra HK500 for express. Originally takes 3 to 5 working days. Not sure whether they have increased the charges though.

As for the electronic one, haven't heard about it but if you have someone in vietnam they can apply for you and once approved can pick it up at the airport on arrival, though i would think its better to get it from here.

I had tried calling them as well, and after a while someone did pick it up. Try calling closer to their closing time.

Hope it helps.

apec card

includes visa-free access to Vietnam. You would need to have a perm HKID or be a national of an APEC country.

Unfortunately not an APEC card country. Guess I am going to head down to the consulate and see what happens and how much it costs. Too chicken to trust the e-visa.