Like Tree60Likes

Harder and Harder for China multiple entry visa

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
  1. #141

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    i'm on KL side. but you sure it's about 1100 for US passport (10 years)? maybe i got my price wrong. if it's only 1100, then they are charging almost double that price. guess might be worth it to take a day off and take my kid with me to the island side then. saves 2000 for 2 passports.
    I have consistently heard that US citizens can now get 10 year multi entry tourist visas from the FMCOPRC for the HKD1100 price (which I understand is still HKD1100 if you apply for a much shorter visa as a US Citizen too)

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,675

    A question from me about the FMCOPRC: do they accept credit card HKD payment, or is it always cash only in hand in HKD for FMCOPRC visas?

    Thanks


  3. #143

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    i'm on KL side. but you sure it's about 1100 for US passport (10 years)? maybe i got my price wrong. if it's only 1100, then they are charging almost double that price. guess might be worth it to take a day off and take my kid with me to the island side then. saves 2000 for 2 passports.
    For US passports the price is the same regardless of length, so naturally you might as well get the 10 year option. And yes its HK$1.1k if you get it direct.

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,527

    oh, in that case i'm going to the island then. take my kid for a field trip.
    are the application forms on their site updated since the 10 year visa started?

    Open Casket likes this.

  5. #145

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    A question from me about the FMCOPRC: do they accept credit card HKD payment, or is it always cash only in hand in HKD for FMCOPRC visas?

    Thanks
    Pretty sure it is cash (and maybe accept EPS) but not sure

  6. #146

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    oh, in that case i'm going to the island then. take my kid for a field trip.
    are the application forms on their site updated since the 10 year visa started?
    not sure it matters....they will automatically give you 10 years. Just make sure you fill everything out correctly and bring your photos, HKID

    1100 hkd is all you will pay. I have heard Mondays and Tuesdays are busier days. I usually go in on a Wed or Thur and I go around 11:00 am.
    Grumbler likes this.

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Enderman:
    For me, it's a matter of how much value I put on my time. I have a CTS around the corner...I go in, there's no queue...they fill out most of the form, I go back a week later and pick up the visa...a few hundred more? Meh.
    For many people, Meh is significant. Here is an example:
    Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    CTS HKIA quote: 3200 HKD for 6 month multi entry; 4600 HKD for 1 year multi entry visa
    (FMCOPRC direct: 6 month multi entry HKD 1090 and 1 year multi entry 2170)

  8. #148

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    638

    HKIA? The airport? Who'd have thought something would be more expensive at the airport? My current 2 year multi entry from CTS was $3xxx...I'm not rich but I wouldn't trek to Central and queue just to save a few hundred bucks...trecking to the airport? Why?

    Just to add HC...I don't want to have an argument about it...just responding to folks calling CTS a dumb idea and so on...there are CTSs everywhere...the queues are short and they are very professional, just because it's not your cup of tea, etc...

    Last edited by Enderman; 09-06-2015 at 08:09 PM.

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    not sure it matters....they will automatically give you 10 years. Just make sure you fill everything out correctly and bring your photos, HKID

    1100 hkd is all you will pay. I have heard Mondays and Tuesdays are busier days. I usually go in on a Wed or Thur and I go around 11:00 am.
    may not have a choice but to go on Monday. running out of time since I have to get my HK visa extension first. just happen to run out at this time. btw, do you know if children must show up for their visa as well? more flexible for me if the kid doesn't have to go with me.

  10. #150

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    may not have a choice but to go on Monday. running out of time since I have to get my HK visa extension first. just happen to run out at this time. btw, do you know if children must show up for their visa as well? more flexible for me if the kid doesn't have to go with me.
    no, children don't have to be there. Just make sure you have all necessary paperwork & photos.