Like Tree60Likes

Harder and Harder for China multiple entry visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    if you have 3 stars and roa status, you can apply for 3 years after the single year multi visa expires, the issue is probably the frequency you seem to use the visa, ie, are u working there?
    No 3 stars, so big headache for me

Just a normal HKID without the stars and a Canadian passport

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    also, do you apply at cts or the actually official govt visa issuing office in wan chai

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/gywm/
    Have not done either yet, am doing it from an agent here in Canada first before I go... It seems I MAY be able to get the 6 months but really trying to gun for the 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    China visa office in Wan Chai told me (USA passport, no HKID) only 6 mo, multiple entry possible, due to no HKID. I have many China visas in my book.
    Was this with an agent that usually has connections to get visas?

I'd you are applying from HK, You won't get a one year multiple entry visa to China without a work permit for HK. The work visa has to be valid for one year or more.

Have you tried applying from Canada for a multi entry visa? I think you will have better luck from there. Trying to apply as a businessman with company invitation letters might have better success.

Sent from somewhere....

hk5000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I'd you are applying from HK, You won't get a one year multiple entry visa to China without a work permit for HK. The work visa has to be valid for one year or more.

Have you tried applying from Canada for a multi entry visa? I think you will have better luck from there. Trying to apply as a businessman with company invitation letters might have better success.

Sent from somewhere....
    Thanks Virago,

As mentioned I've gotten 4 multi entry 6 month visas from Canada previously (3 are in my current passport)

From what I've seen the business visa, you need to first get an invitation letter for business with dual entries then after that is successful you can apply for a multi

Also, are you on the hook for them trying to go after you for taxes if you say you're doing business there?

What is your visa status in HK?

hk5000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hk5000:
    Thanks Virago,

As mentioned I've gotten 4 multi entry 6 month visas from Canada previously (3 are in my current passport)

From what I've seen the business visa, you need to first get an invitation letter for business with dual entries then after that is successful you can apply for a multi

Also, are you on the hook for them trying to go after you for taxes if you say you're doing business there?
    Yes, but you should be able to find a friend of a friend to give you a business invitation.

Immigration and IRD are separate so it is very unlikely about the taxes issue you mentioned.

From what I can gather from China Immigration is it doesn't matter what you have had before about the number is multi entry visas and each situation is viewed separate.

I was refused once a one year multi entry visa as my hk work permit ran out 6 weeks prior to the one year visa so they gave me 6 months visa. I had 5, one year multiple entry visas before that. So they could not give a crap what you have had before.

Sent from somewhere....
    Last edited by virago; 28-08-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    hk5000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hk5000:
    No 3 stars, so big headache for me

Just a normal HKID without the stars and a Canadian passport
    Are you a permanent resident here? If yes, just apply for an APEC card. 3 year multi entry equivalent.
    hk5000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Are you a permanent resident here? If yes, just apply for an APEC card. 3 year multi entry equivalent.
    Just remember for the APEC card from Hong Kong, you need a letter from your employer supporting your application.
    hk5000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    What is your visa status in HK?
    I have HKID card (no 3 star) that I can use to stay in HK

If not I use Canadian passport to enter which gives me 90 day tourist visa

BUT I am applying to be a permanent resident this year

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast