Like Tree10Likes

UK passport renewal from HK (HK visa query)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/adult

Are the passports still being issued in Dusseldorf? Also how do the FCO work out their price increases for passports? Do they use the Zimbabwean inflation index?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Do you not have to send the application by registered mail or in person?
    I sent it by courier last week, but received no any feedback for the photo/ form etc is ok or not.
    As I need the passport before Xmas , I know it is a bit urgent, so am worrying if the application got any issue ...

That's cutting it very fine!

Read pin's link- you can call after 4 weeks if you haven't heard by then.

You might want to look into getting an emergency travel doc just in case you don't get your passport back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Are the passports still being issued in Dusseldorf? Also how do the FCO work out their price increases for passports? Do they use the Zimbabwean inflation index?
    No, from the UK.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    No, from the UK.

Interesting. I renewed mine last year and had to send it to Dusseldorf. I guess the Germans lost the contract.

Interesting. I renewed mine last year and had to send it to Dusseldorf. I guess the Germans lost the contract.
    They have centralised the whole process since around 2011 so not sure why yours would have gone to Germany at all. Maybe you were deemed as "special" for closer observation.

Just checked, it was 2011 when it got renewed from Germany. Must be getting old, swear it felt like only a few months ago and cost only 80 odd pounds. Now they want 128

Just checked, it was 2011 when it got renewed from Germany. Must be getting old, swear it felt like only a few months ago and cost only 80 odd pounds. Now they want 128
    I guess you were just before the cut off, because when I got mine renewed in late 2011, it got sent to UKPA in UK.