Like Tree6Likes

business class tickets

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I think Air Asia X will start flying to ADL from the end of next month.

Mov07 has made the good suggestion of flying from Taipei, also look into flying from BKK using this agent:-

http://www.chawlatravel.com/

they quoted me hk$22,000 direct biz class on EVA Air, who I have used in the past and were excellent.This compared to over HK50grand from HK with Cathay/Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Mov07 has made the good suggestion of flying from Taipei, also look into flying from BKK using this agent:-

http://www.chawlatravel.com/

they quoted me hk$22,000 direct biz class on EVA Air, who I have used in the past and were excellent.This compared to over HK50grand from HK with Cathay/Virgin.
    I paid less than 22 for my flight to adel. More.like 17 ex tpe. Next summer though best flights to UK were ex-bkk so I try that next june. Tpe is shorter intro hop tho and way more flights to choose from.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app

or fly from Shenzhen, just read this on The Standard, didnt even know SZ airport had check-in counters in HK

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_d...=20130926&fc=7

Third check-in center for airport

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport has opened its third check-in center in Hong Kong to facilitate travel.

Cross-border coaches will take travelers directly from the new check-in center in Yau Tong's Domain Mall to the airport.

The trip will take 80 minutes and go through Yau Tong, Kwun Tong, Ngau Tau Kok, Wong Tai Sin and the Shenzhen Bay border check- point.

After checking in, passengers will still need to carry their own luggage through the border checkpoint in Shenzhen. But after arriving at the airport, luggage can be given to airline staff for loading onto flights.

The other check-in centers are in Jordan and Elements mall in West Kowloon.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I paid less than 22 for my flight to adel. More.like 17 ex tpe. Next summer though best flights to UK were ex-bkk so I try that next june. Tpe is shorter intro hop tho and way more flights to choose from.

Just trying to figure out how you fly to make it cheaper:

1. Fly economy to tpe and then fly business to adel on the same airline
    2. Fly economy to tpe and then fly business to adel on different airline
    3. Fly bus to tpe and bus to adel on same airline
    4. Fly bus to tpe and bus to adel on different airline

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Just trying to figure out how you fly to make it cheaper:

1. Fly economy to tpe and then fly business to adel on the same airline
    2. Fly economy to tpe and then fly business to adel on different airline
    3. Fly bus to tpe and bus to adel on same airline
    4. Fly bus to tpe and bus to adel on different airline
    Firstly - for me (at least) it's not JUST about price. It's about flying business on the airline I want to fly, for the right price.

So - if you want to fly biz class to Adel you start with the question "which airline do I want to fly"? If the answer is "no clue and don't care" - then look at Air Asia X; Malaysian, Virgin or other non-direct routes.

If the answer is "Cathay" (for points, status or comfort) THEN you look at ex-TPE. (Ex MNL and ex-BKK also work, but sometimes more complex due to fewer flights and more expensive initial ticket).

So yes, you need to fly to TPE to start the journey. You can book online on the Cathay webdsite, just change your "location" on the home page to Taiwan-English (or Thai-English or whatever) and book.

The first flight is in Economy to TPE, then Biz TPE to HK; HK to Adel; Adel to HK - and then you just walk away. (Remember NOT to check bags to TPE!).

Previously, if you did this regularly (as I was, for a while) you could change the final HK-TPE sector to be the first of the next trip (thus saving the economy one-way). Now that SEEMS to be harder (but note I had 2 stop-overs in Australia, so maybe I just used them all up there!).

Why do it? Well - for UK (my most common example) - HK-UK direct on Cathay was about 55k; TPE-HK-UK was about 25k and a one-way to TPE about 2k. So 27k vs 55k (none of this includes taxes). However, for UK again, sometimes you could get AirNZ direct for about 25k too (in which case that is better unless you have some reason (and I do) for flying Cathay.
    wtbhotia likes this.

honestly, arnt you better off saving yourself 3-4 hours and just fly direct economy to your final destination?

what happens if your initial one-way flight is delayed and you miss your connection, sit in TPE for 23.5 hours?

On Cathay you have flights every hour or so to and from Taipei so that mitigates any risk of delay. You can also use miles for the first flight up to Taipei.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    honestly, arnt you better off saving yourself 3-4 hours and just fly direct economy to your final destination?

what happens if your initial one-way flight is delayed and you miss your connection, sit in TPE for 23.5 hours?
    Have you ever done 13-15 hours in cattle class?

Maybe if you are under 170 cm tall it's doable, but I am almost 190cm, and I won't go anywhere over three hours unless PE or Biz.

I fly less, but I fly in comfort.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

And I've had a blood clot - which is the single biggest risk factor for getting another. So I won't fly long haul in economy ever.