Like Tree6Likes

business class tickets

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    However, for UK again, sometimes you could get AirNZ direct for about 25k too (in which case that is better unless you have some reason (and I do) for flying Cathay.
    Just FYI AirNZ no longer fly between HK and UK.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    honestly, arnt you better off saving yourself 3-4 hours and just fly direct economy to your final destination?

what happens if your initial one-way flight is delayed and you miss your connection, sit in TPE for 23.5 hours?
    Good question .actually for myself I do that flight regularly and just hack it in cattle class .but on this occasion I will have another pax who will need to recline fully for part of the trip .hence my inexperience with booking business . Great tips from all the above though I really can't afford 2 full cost business out of my own pocket

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Just FYI AirNZ no longer fly between HK and UK.
    Yes I do recall reading that. A sad day. They were excellent quality at low prices. Unfortunately with only one flight a day, flying them was a tad risky (one problem and you lose a day - happened to a few people I know).

Yes I do recall reading that. A sad day. They were excellent quality at low prices. Unfortunately with only one flight a day, flying them was a tad risky (one problem and you lose a day - happened to a few people I know).
    I was gutted when they stopped. I got one of the last HK-UK flights and pretty much the entire Business cabin was complaining about the route being stopped. The staff seemed pretty sad about it too.

I have still to find an airline that meets AirNZ's standards in Business in terms of price-quality for HK-UK flights. I'm not a Cathay fan (too expensive usually) and although I like Emirates, the food isn't as good as AirNZ and the service is rather wooden. Sad
    AGxM likes this.

I was gutted when they stopped. I got one of the last HK-UK flights and pretty much the entire Business cabin was complaining about the route being stopped. The staff seemed pretty sad about it too.

I have still to find an airline that meets AirNZ's standards in Business in terms of price-quality for HK-UK flights. I'm not a Cathay fan (too expensive usually) and although I like Emirates, the food isn't as good as AirNZ and the service is rather wooden. Sad
    Virgin has identical seats (AirNZ licenced them from Virgin) but I find their service to be irritating. The new Cathay biz seats are pretty comfortable and as per this thread, I get the low price by flying ex-TPE. Which is not for everyone!

Virgin has identical seats (AirNZ licenced them from Virgin) but I find their service to be irritating. The new Cathay biz seats are pretty comfortable and as per this thread, I get the low price by flying ex-TPE. Which is not for everyone!
    Next time I go back to the UK, I'm definitely going to check out Cathay's ex-TPE fares. That's a great tip, thank you! I find connections at TPE pretty seamless so should be stress-free. Actually I might also check out Eva Air via TPE since I'm Star Alliance Gold and I was pretty impressed with a recent HKG-TPE-DPS flight with them.

Agree about Virgin. Their service levels seem to have really declined over recent years. And let's not even get started on BA!

I have been flying business class on Turkish Airlines in recent years to Europe and find it quite good, good food, great connections and reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I have been flying business class on Turkish Airlines in recent years to Europe and find it quite good, good food, great connections and reasonable prices.
    Do you get a flat bed?

What sort of prices are you getting?

Next time I go back to the UK, I'm definitely going to check out Cathay's ex-TPE fares. That's a great tip, thank you! I find connections at TPE pretty seamless so should be stress-free. Actually I might also check out Eva Air via TPE since I'm Star Alliance Gold and I was pretty impressed with a recent HKG-TPE-DPS flight with them.

Agree about Virgin. Their service levels seem to have really declined over recent years. And let's not even get started on BA!
    Yes - one advantage of TPE is that its extremely quick to get through. Flew through there twice in the last week, both times came back on the same plane I arrived on (much to the confusion of the crew) AND had time in the lounge. No stress! Takes about 5 minutes or less from one plane to the next if you need.

In the end settled for cx via Taipei 38K( vs 68K ex HongKong)for one adult one child return business class Adelaide .that's a huge saving.thanks for the tips .interestingly Malaysian via kl works out about the same as cx via tpe .times didn't suit me though . One puzzling thing was the departure hk to tpe flight (econ. )was cheaper with a return ticket than if I just bought one way.

About check in bags . Can I check them all the way through to Adelaide from hongkong ? or do I need to collect them in tpe and then check in again at tpe for the return to Hong Kong and on to Adelaide .my hk to tpe arrives in tpe about 3 hours before the flight back to hk/Adel .there was another flight with only 1 hours wait in Taipei but that seemed cutting it rather fine(not been to tpe in 20years though )is that reasonable ?actually the less time for me in tpe the better as have kid in tow

Last edited by hongkong7; 30-09-2013 at 05:51 PM.