Travel Shots?

Closed Thread

Travel Shots?

anyplace to go for travel shots?
    planning a trip to vietnam, and we were told to get some shots since we will be spending quit a lot of time in the rural areas hiking around.

any suggestions

just to any local private doc and tell them u plan on going to Vietnam and ask them for preventative shots, they should be able to give them to u.

well...back home there were places to get most of them for free....so was wondering if there was similar here...either cheap or free.

im way overdue for most of my vaccinations...not to mention the ones recommended for travel to vietnam

no places to get these free?

i wanted to do today

They weren't "free" - you paid for them through your taxes. Here you pay a fraction of the tax, but also for the shots. I'd wager that overall you're somewhat better off here...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Not free (who the heck gives out free jabs? LOL), but could be cheaper than a private doctor, is the Government's Travel Health Service. It has two clinics, one in Wanchai and the other in Sham Shui Po.

BTW, if you can't afford the jabs, how can you afford the trip? [curious]

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 02-06-2008 at 03:16 PM.

lol..i can afford the shots....and i can afford the trip. but why pay for things you are used to getting for free.

true that the US "free" shots are probably paid for thru taxes...and i do understand taxes here are cheaper. but...it cant hurt to ask if it was possible to get them free here still .

thanks...im most likely going to the Port Health Travel Clinic in Wanchai...