Sanya, Cebu, KK or Langkawi?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sanya, Cebu, KK or Langkawi?

Hi,

I'm thinking of going away with a friend for three nights in early July but we can't seem to decide where to go. We want beach and sunshine. Shopping or being able to walk around a city would be an added benefit but it's not important to us at all. We just want to chill out on the beach, get some sun and relax. Of the above four places, where should we go?

Thanks!

Last edited by applefan; 03-06-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: additional info

definitely not sanya

Have been to KK and Langkawi, would recommend both - but if KK make sure you stay in the 'city' (not much of it) as you will need to take the day boat trips out to the islands - which are wonderful, the trips are cheap and proffessionally run.

Langkawi - rent a car (v v cheap). good island hoping to be done, great snorkling and a nice little town centre...cant wait to go back. Just watch out for the monkeys when driving!

If beach and sunshine is the main choice then definately check seasonal weather for when you plan to stay.

Can highly recommend the beaches on langkawi. If you want a bit of culture not too long/difficult to head across to Georgetown on Penang.

KK is my next destination, and friends have recommended it for the beaches,the wildlife and Mt Kinnabalu. Have been to Sarawak and really enjoyed it there.

I found the beaches were not as nice in Cebu (Mactan Island) also little to see and do outside the hotels. There are some really nice and quiet beaches at the south end of the island, but unlikely you will go down there unless you know someone. Not much to see in Cebu city.

No idea about Sanya.

agree with wtbhotia... definitely not Sanya!! anything else has got to be better

Thanks everyone...looks like KK or Langkawi at this point.

Yep .. if that was not enough, I'll add "No Sanya" ... the resort was ok, but nothing else to do outside the resort / in town.

ha ha, we are going through the same predicament at the moment.

would love to go to kk, but flights fully booked.

we are debating between langkawi and cebu. cebu because of the resort, plantation bay, is supposed to be great.

however i enjoy langkawi, great little island.

We spent a long weekend at Rasa Ria in KK and enjoyed it. Not much to do outside of the beach/pool though. They do have an orangutan rehab center in a forest, which will get you through part of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    ha ha, we are going through the same predicament at the moment.

would love to go to kk, but flights fully booked.

we are debating between langkawi and cebu. cebu because of the resort, plantation bay, is supposed to be great.

however i enjoy langkawi, great little island.
    Hi Pin,

not sure when you want to go, but just checked and AirAsia has flights pretty much throughout July from Macau to KK. approx 660 MOP return each (plus taxes). Am looking to go there in a couple of months

I have flown from Macau numerous times and is a bit of a hassle, but not too bad. Ferry, then taxi (HK$50, 15-20mins approx) or bus (HK3, 30mins approx) to airport.
    Last edited by leghk; 20-06-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast