Like Tree63Likes

Getting to airport early morning?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Getting to airport early morning?

Got some family staying with me.

Their flight tomorrow is at 7am, so airport express won't work as first train is at around 05.54.

Night bus is an option, but it is close to 75 minutes long.

Is it easy to flag a taxi down that early in the morning (from Sheung Wan) and would they be willing to go to the airport? Or else does anyone have a taxi number recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Edit to add, just found this thread: http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread44587.html

Presume the Ricky chap still exists?

Last edited by pin; 27-10-2013 at 11:31 AM.

i use these guys, their english is good as are their rates: Airport Express Alliance 67752737 (Andrew Chung)

pin likes this.

It is pretty easy to catch a taxi early in the morning. They will have no problem taking you especially since the fare that is going to be collected.

pin likes this.

why not use the airport express? you will be there by 6.20am. how early are you planning to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    why not use the airport express? you will be there by 6.20am. how early are you planning to get there?
    That would be cutting it rather close for a 7am flight - and would be too late if the flight happens to be on an airline which doesn't do in-town check-in...
    pin likes this.

my mistake, apologies. i skim read it as the op was going to meet their family arriving at 7am. my username is justified

DeannaX and Fatelvis like this.

Just book one of those discount taxis the night before. I have had no problems with them and they always been on time.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    That would be cutting it rather close for a 7am flight - and would be too late if the flight happens to be on an airline which doesn't do in-town check-in...
    Basically yes. Person travelling is not HK resident, so would have to clear immigration. 6.20 arrival into HKIA is a bit too tight. Also I can't find if the airline in question allows check a night before (EK). I know there is a link for participating airlines who use in town check in and if they allow check in the night before, but I have spent about 15 mins looking for the information on the interwebs but can't seem to find it again. Agrrehghgh.

Use taxi...won't take long, easy to find and not super expensive.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast