Eco/Adventure tour?

Closed Thread

Eco/Adventure tour?

I'm looking to get away for a few days (4 - 10) in July but would like to do something a bit different from the normal resort scene. Anyone know of travel agency specializing in eco or adventure tours in region? Willing to spend for quality / safe tour but don't want to go all out and break the bank. Appreciate any recommendations.

Ray

yes!!

check out this site:

Asia Ecotourism Tropical Resorts, eco lodges, eco resorts, and eco hotels

i was supposed to go on a trekking holiday outside chiang mai, but it fell through. however, the people at lisu lodge (Lisu Lodge - an ecolodge among the Lisu People of northern Thailand - Chiang Mai ecolodge) were so very helpful and helped me tailor an itinerary specifically for our needs- fantastic!

good luck and please let me know if you do any of these eco-tours, as i am very interested in this sort of thing.

jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by mobespierre:
    yes!!

i was supposed to go on a trekking holiday outside chiang mai, but it fell through. however, the people at lisu lodge (Lisu Lodge - an ecolodge among the Lisu People of northern Thailand - Chiang Mai ecolodge) were so very helpful and helped me tailor an itinerary specifically for our needs- fantastic!

jennifer
    highly recommend trekking in Northern Thailand. I have been 3 times. It is extremely easy to organise yourself rather than paying extra for an agency to do it, if it appeals to you.

All the hotels/guesthouses (regardless of your budget) will offer numerous packages to go trekking in the area, stay with local hill tribes of different ethnicity, rafting, elephant riding etc.

there are some jungle stays in borneo, never tried any but they look interesting

and chiang mai is great. i've spent a few weeks there of the past year. if you're going up farther north it'd be worth the time to stay in chiang rai for the night to avoid a long minibus ride on the tour day. other than that chiang rai has *nothing* to do.

Hallo RTseng

Do you interested in trekking in Bali or Lombok (Rinjani Mountain Trekking)
    We have this tour trip..

If you want you could contact me in private. [email protected]