Like Tree5Likes

China visa for French passport holder -- travel insurance?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

China visa for French passport holder -- travel insurance?

Hi, I spoke with China Visa about getting a visa for China. They said that a French passport holder is required to have proof of travel insurance, but an American passport holder isn't. The French passport holder does have travel insurance through a credit card, but alas, it's next to impossible to get proof of this with the name on the statement of insurance.

Has anyone heard of this requirement? Why would it only be for a French passport holder?

I'm thinking of going now straight to the China office and getting the visas myself. Will that still be required?

It's a heritage from Sarkozy times

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    It's a heritage from Sarkozy times
    Really? So it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Hi, I spoke with China Visa about getting a visa for China. They said that a French passport holder is required to have proof of travel insurance, but an American passport holder isn't. The French passport holder does have travel insurance through a credit card, but alas, it's next to impossible to get proof of this with the name on the statement of insurance.

Has anyone heard of this requirement? Why would it only be for a French passport holder?

I'm thinking of going now straight to the China office and getting the visas myself. Will that still be required?
    did you received this advice from an agent or the actual issuing govt offices in wan chai? I note I received costly bs advice from cts during Beijing games, my fingers was burnt then, never again

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/

I received it from an agent that has been recommended here on geoexpats -- China Visa (yes, it's confusing to explain this!). Perhaps it would be simplest to just go through them? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I received it from an agent that has been recommended here on geoexpats -- China Visa (yes, it's confusing to explain this!). Perhaps it would be simplest to just go through them? :/
    the simplest way is to go to issuing office in wan chai, agents are never to be trusted,

this is the official china issuing office, but on the 1st and 7st (I recall)

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/

strangely, the agent which is you used is in same building

http://www.chinavisa.com.hk/

why not ask official china issuing office for official advice as it in same building and not much effort, if the chinavisa advice is false then you save money and time
    Last edited by imparanoic; 12-11-2013 at 10:49 AM.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a travel insurance proof for French passport. A month ago we help a french guy get a China visa all we gave the agent was passport and photos.

Sorry, it was a joke!
    Sunrise is another agent with an office right next door, They do nothing else but visa and should be able to tell you.
    They have a website.
    or go and apply/ask yourself at Immigration.

Good luck

I hold a EU passport and have never been asked for travel insurance, so must be bs. Go to Wanchai to be sure.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to go to the immigration office in Wan Chai directly... if that doesn't work then I'll just have to stop by one of these agents and pay the extra fee + provide whatever they ask for.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast