Like Tree4Likes

Vietnam Visa Cost

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam Visa Cost

Does anybody know how much it is for a single entry 30 day visa to Vietnam at the Consulate on Wanchai Road?

I've tried calling and popping in just now but there was a huge queue so picked up a form and will go back to submit it on Monday.

Unfortunately the form does not have a price and neither does their website and nobody is responding to emails (sent two weeks ago) or picking up their phone.

Did it about 2 months ago : Its around $500 for the normal version and around $700 for the express (same day) version.

My numbers may be off by around $100 but not much more than that - old age creeping in and I cant remember the amount exactly...

remember to take cash, they dont do credit cards

Ive been told elsewhere it's 500 for a British Passport aand 650 for an express thanks.

The requirement for taking cash was the reason i asked the question, if they accepted cc i would have just rocked up and found out on the day

If you're flying in to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh, it's easy to do visa on arrival through an agency (it's really a pre-approved visa rather than visa on arrival). Agency charges around US$ 17 and then you pay US$25 in cash at the airport on arrival in Vietnam. I've done it a couple of times and it's been quick and easy.

Edit: That's on a UK passport for a single 30 day entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Ive been told elsewhere it's 500 for a British Passport aand 650 for an express thanks
    Thats pretty close to my numbers and sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    If you're flying in to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh, it's easy to do visa on arrival through an agency (it's really a pre-approved visa rather than visa on arrival). Agency charges around US$ 17 and then you pay US$25 in cash at the airport on arrival in Vietnam. I've done it a couple of times and it's been quick and easy.

Edit: That's on a UK passport for a single 30 day entry.
    Yea just been looking at that, but as i work so close to the Vietnamese consulate id rather just have it over and done with.

Also i read the stamping fee at the airport is $45 so there is not much difference in price.

When I was in Hanoi, the lines for the visa-on-arrival queues were huge. I've also read the same from a few different posters on the internet. I think that would only make sense for those that dont have an embassy close to them.

Enjoy your trip - I really liked Vietnam and look forward to going back.

If you are going to Ho Chi Minh, don't do visa on arrival. We waited an hour for ours because the queue was so long. Next time I will get the visa before I leave.

I have always done 3 month unlimited entry Visa's at the Vietnam Consulate--- $1100.

My favorite aspect of getting the Visa is that I get to enter the "Great Smart Tower" on Wan Chai road.

I challenge anyone to come up with a better name for a building than that!!!

glux likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast