Like Tree11Likes

Flying Turkish Airlines

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Afraid so. Mixed hamams just arent a done thing. I used to go to one all the way up in Gebze near Kocaeli.
    Where abouts will you be staying? hotel in Taksim or down in the tourist city by the Halic?

A small hotel near the embassies, around the corner from StAntuan and Pera muzesi -- short walk away from Tunel and a short stroll away from Taksim...

Well chosen. Just be careful when walking down tunel towards karakoy not to go down a certain street as that is where the local Mektep is.
    You arent far away from U2 bar and James Joyce but JJ is notorious for being stupidly expensive and so is the North Shields. Go to the roof bar of the nearby Richmond hotel on Istikal for amazing views of the halic and Bosporus towards Asia.
    If you are going in May or later in the summer months then goto the roof bar on Marmara pera hotel. Awesome view from there but my favourite haunt is Banyan down in Ortakoy. Great fusion asian food with a bar to boot right on the water front by the first bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Just be careful when walking down tunel towards karakoy not to go down a certain street as that is where the local Mektep is.
    I'm missing your point or perhaps Mektep has taken on a new meaning that I dont know of.

Can you please be more explicit with what the issue is....

Its the old ottoman word for school but you may better know it as Genel Evi (brothel)

Last edited by Trance Omega; 16-01-2014 at 12:12 PM.

...and for those that want to get some Turkish food stuff:

http://www.letpacificfood.com

HowardCoombs, Trance Omega and er2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    ...and for those that want to get some Turkish food stuff:
    http://www.letpacificfood.com
    When did they open up? Didnt know about them......

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    When did they open up? Didnt know about them......
    No idea, I just heard about them recently. Their prices are quite reasonable. You need to sign up to see them.

Doing a quick WHOIS, site registered in Dec 2012
    Last edited by flameproof; 16-01-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Looks like they have sucuk! If I get some by this weekend I will so be in the good books.

I still have plenty of Yufka and Feta from my last trip. Other stuff I do myself, such as Sutlac and Pogaca. Tried also Börek with diy Yufka, it's quite possible, but LOTS of work.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast