Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 611121314
Like Tree46Likes

APEC card - employer letter

I just did mine a few months back (first time) send in the bare minimum. A letter from the company and copy of passport etc...
    Within a few weeks got the approval.
    A few weeks later had clearance from most countries except Malaysia, PNG and Australia. Now finally got Malaysia and PNG so will get a temp card now as I think Australia will take a long time if they will ever approve.

Anyway was very easy I must say no additional documents or questions asked.

Faxed today for an interim card and checked the status again just now and Australia has now also approved (2 days ago that was not the case)
    So I have all countries (possible) approved

My APEC card is going to expire in 6 Aug 2017, when can i start applying for a new one, if I apply one now and just let it ride out until end of july and get it issued with which ever countries have been approved by then. do you think this will work. anyone done it like this??

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    My APEC card is going to expire in 6 Aug 2017, when can i start applying for a new one, if I apply one now and just let it ride out until end of july and get it issued with which ever countries have been approved by then. do you think this will work. anyone done it like this??
    Yes & yes.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Yes, I have done this before and now is definitely the right time to apply - sometimes China takes a long time to approve.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Ah bugger. Mine expires in June. I'm starting the process for re-applying next week.

I generally apply 6 months before I need the card. It does not affect the existing one and the new one does not start until you get it issued.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    It does not affect the existing one and the new one does not start until you get it issued.
    Just the info i was looking for. cheers

Quick question: At renewal, do I need to send a new letter from my company that I still qualify, or can I just ask immigration for a new card?

Quote Originally Posted by bargfeldstegen
    Quick question: At renewal, do I need to send a new letter from my company that I still qualify, or can I just ask immigration for a new card?
    Correct me if wrong, I believe it's always a new application. I do include copies of previous cards though.
    bargfeldstegen likes this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 611121314