Page 1 of 15 12349 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

APEC card - employer letter

APEC card - employer letter

I wonder if the good folk of Geoexpat can help me.

Now that I've got PR, I'm looking to apply for an APEC travel card. My work have agreed to provide a letter, however they don't know what to write in the letter.

I know a few of you guys have gone through this process before. I am wondering, would you be able to share the form of letter used?

If you don't want to share the information on the board, please feel free to email me. Obviously I'm just after a template of the letter.

Tathanksmuch

pin,
    just sent it via PM.
    i just helped a friend to replace his card due to new passport, and the process time given to be is two weeks. immigration lady also helpfully told me that for new/renew applications, it can take 4 months coz they have a backlog... so be prepared for longer turnaround

pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInHK
    pin,
    just sent it via PM.
    i just helped a friend to replace his card due to new passport, and the process time given to be is two weeks. immigration lady also helpfully told me that for new/renew applications, it can take 4 months coz they have a backlog... so be prepared for longer turnaround
    Hi, thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInHK
    just sent it via PM.
    A forum doesn't work with PMs.....

Just by common sense......:

"X needs to travel frequently to A, B and C. Please support his APEC card application."

I don't think you need to write more.
    pin and drumbrake like this.

Oh, just a follow up query.

Can I apply for the APEC card with my temp ID paper (i.e. the acknowledgement of application for PR ID), or do I need to wait until I receive my actual ID card.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    I wonder if the good folk of Geoexpat can help me.

Now that I've got PR, I'm looking to apply for an APEC travel card. My work have agreed to provide a letter, however they don't know what to write in the letter.

I know a few of you guys have gone through this process before. I am wondering, would you be able to share the form of letter used?

If you don't want to share the information on the board, please feel free to email me. Obviously I'm just after a template of the letter.

Tathanksmuch
    Very standard stuff.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm that Mr Pin, a lawyer, works for us, Great Lawyer Firm. In the course of his work he travels frequently to APEC countries on business, including [perhaps list the countries].

Regards,

Mr Pin's Fabulous Employer.
    pin likes this.

If you know the future HKID# I think it should/cold be possible, or maybe not.

For those specific question I would rather try their hotline then gathering opinions in public forum. Some direct lines were posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Very standard stuff.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm that Mr Pin, a lawyer, works for us, Great Lawyer Firm. In the course of his work he travels frequently to APEC countries on business, including [perhaps list the countries].

Regards,

Mr Pin's Fabulous Employer.
    Who said I was a lawyer????

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    If you know the future HKID# I think it should/cold be possible, or maybe not.

For those specific question I would rather try their hotline then gathering opinions in public forum. Some direct lines were posted here.
    Well, my HKID number won't change. The only time it could change is if the government needed to give a whole new ID (for example if I entered the witness protection program).

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Who said I was a lawyer????
    You have. Several times!
    Last edited by HK_Katherine; 12-02-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    Claire ex-ax likes this.

Page 1 of 15 12349 ... LastLast